Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"

From WormBaseWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
(30 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
 +
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2019|2019 Meetings]]
  
  
 
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
 
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
  
 +
= 2020 Meetings =
  
= 2019 Meetings =
+
== January 9, 2020 ==
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_January_2019|January]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_February_2019|February]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_March_2019|March]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_April_2019|April]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_May_2019|May]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_June_2019|June]]
 
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_July_2019|July]]
 
  
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_August_2019|August]]
+
=== Phenotype Curation Requests ===
 +
* 1,229 emails sent Dec 3-6, 2019
 +
* Received 194 annotations from 40 papers and from 37 distinct community curators
 +
** 37 papers requested, 3 additional papers annotated
 +
** 104 Phenotype OA annotations (from 27 papers; 25 distinct curators)
 +
** 90 RNAi OA annotations (from 20 papers; 19 distinct curators)
 +
* 43 bounced emails
 +
** 2 resent to new addresses
 +
** 5 have backup email addresses (also sent)
  
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_September_2019|September]]
+
=== Worm Area Meetings ===
 +
* Chris has (re)requested slots for WormBase for the Worcester Area Worm Meeting and the Boston Area Worm Meeting
 +
* Will update group if/when a slot is assigned (probably not until Fall 2020 at the earliest)
  
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_October_2019|October]]
+
=== Reference widget Textpresso linkouts ===
 +
* Now live on WormBase, WS274
 +
* [https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7347 GitHub ticket]
 +
* Applies to the following classes: genes, strains, variations, transgenes, constructs, anatomy terms, clones, life stages, rearrangements, molecules, processes
 +
* Gene example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/gene/WBGene00022861#0d--10
 +
* Strain example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/strain/WBStrain00004309#05--10
 +
* Variation example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/variation/WBVar00248884#08--10
 +
* Transgene example: https://wormbase.org/species/all/transgene/WBTransgene00004654#04--10
 +
** Known issue: searching on synonyms in addition to public name; Sibyl will fix
 +
* Construct example: https://wormbase.org/species/all/construct/WBCnstr00023113#03--10
 +
** Known issue: not working now; need to only search on public name when available, not on summary; Sibyl will fix
 +
* Anatomy term example: https://wormbase.org/species/all/anatomy_term/WBbt:0005772#05--10
 +
** Known challenge: "Psub1" will essentially never match the intended target and "P1" may find the embryonic cell or the postembryonic cell
 +
* Clone example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/clone/W02C12#03--10
 +
* Life stage example: https://wormbase.org/species/all/life_stage/WBls:0000038#03--10
 +
** Known challenge: "L4 larva Ce" will never match; "L4 larva" maybe; but "L4" alone will not unless a synonym
 +
* Rearrangement example: https://wormbase.org/species/all/rearrangement/sDp3#03--10
 +
* Molecule example: https://wormbase.org/resources/molecule/WBMol:00003650#03--10
 +
* Process examples:
 +
** https://wormbase.org/resources/wbprocess/WBbiopr:00000001#09--10
 +
** https://wormbase.org/resources/wbprocess/WBbiopr:00000079#09--10
 +
* Michael has improved phrase search and combined supplemental documents with main paper documents; should roll out soon
  
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_November_2019|November]]
+
=== WS276 Citace upload ===
 +
* Hinxton upload Jan 31, 2020
 +
* Citace upload on Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020
  
 +
=== Author First Pass paper ===
 +
* AFP resent to Database
 +
* Automated descriptions about to be sent
 +
* SObA, write for micropub? One micropub on SObA and another on comparative SObA
  
== December 5, 2019 ==
+
=== Noctua/GO-CAM ===
 +
* New version of the Noctua form released next week
 +
* Imports from WormBase?
 +
** Big push in coming months will be to pull in all manual annotations from WB into Noctua (on track)
 +
** Need to work on annotation history on back end
 +
** May have face-to-face meeting in Pasadena
  
=== New interaction Venn diagram tool ===
+
=== Variation curation ===
* [https://staging.wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/gene/WBGene00000912#08--10 daf-16 interactions]
+
* Have a backlog; Paul D is assigned but has been overwhelmed
* Venn diagram shows how various interactors have multiple interaction types with a common focus gene
+
* Have asserted this as a priority
* For a given selected gene set, you can copy to clipboard, download CSV, TSV, and link to enrichment analysis
+
* We have the allele-sequence form; where does it go? Hinxton
 +
* Need to get allele/variation data in an Alliance-submission friendly form and pull it into the Alliance
 +
* Need to integrate curation with the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) pipeline
  
=== New round of phenotype requests ===
+
=== Topic meetings ===
* GMail really throttling email sending
+
* Asia (Taipei) meeting, Paul S going
 +
* Aging meeting, Wen could go? (Wen: I can ask if they provide a timeslot for oral presentation.)
 +
* TAGC in April, Chris going
  
=== Aligning interaction data with GO and GO-CAM ===
 
  
 +
== January 16, 2020 ==
  
=== Short SObA talk at Alliance meeting ===
+
=== Variation names ===
* Raymond prepared to give short talk on SObA to the Alliance group
+
* Daniela entered a new allele name (tkTi1) in the temporary allele form CGI but it prompted an error: tkTi1 does not match 1 or 2 sets of 1-3 letters and 1-6 digits
.
 +
* Daniela asked Juancarlos to modify the temporary variation ID form to allow up to 4 letters instead of 3.
 +
* Form here: http://tazendra.caltech.edu/~azurebrd/cgi-bin/forms/generic.cgi?action=TempVariationObo
 +
* From the nomenclature guidelines: Newly generated Transposon insertions, especially those located in apparently intergenic regions, may also be given Ti (transposon insertion) names. These consist of the designation identifying the laboratory of origin, the two letters Ti, and a number, all italicized. Example: eTi13 is an insertion of a Mos transposon into an intergenic region on LGIII.
 +
* We will wait for Paul D/Tim response and act accordingly
 +
* for now the CGI has been changed to allow 4 letters, we will revert if need be
  
=== Single cell data visualization tool ===
+
=== Webinars ===
* Eduardo will present to Paul's lab meeting tomorrow
+
* During an AFP call we discussed the possibility to have webinars for authors to guide them through the form.
* Will discuss at Alliance expression working group pre-meeting
+
* Is having a webinar series something WB is interested in doing?
 +
** we will start with an AFP/micropub webinar and will take it from there based on interest and attendance

Latest revision as of 20:05, 16 January 2020

Previous Years

2009 Meetings

2011 Meetings

2012 Meetings

2013 Meetings

2014 Meetings

2015 Meetings

2016 Meetings

2017 Meetings

2018 Meetings

2019 Meetings


GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1

2020 Meetings

January 9, 2020

Phenotype Curation Requests

  • 1,229 emails sent Dec 3-6, 2019
  • Received 194 annotations from 40 papers and from 37 distinct community curators
    • 37 papers requested, 3 additional papers annotated
    • 104 Phenotype OA annotations (from 27 papers; 25 distinct curators)
    • 90 RNAi OA annotations (from 20 papers; 19 distinct curators)
  • 43 bounced emails
    • 2 resent to new addresses
    • 5 have backup email addresses (also sent)

Worm Area Meetings

  • Chris has (re)requested slots for WormBase for the Worcester Area Worm Meeting and the Boston Area Worm Meeting
  • Will update group if/when a slot is assigned (probably not until Fall 2020 at the earliest)

Reference widget Textpresso linkouts

WS276 Citace upload

  • Hinxton upload Jan 31, 2020
  • Citace upload on Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020

Author First Pass paper

  • AFP resent to Database
  • Automated descriptions about to be sent
  • SObA, write for micropub? One micropub on SObA and another on comparative SObA

Noctua/GO-CAM

  • New version of the Noctua form released next week
  • Imports from WormBase?
    • Big push in coming months will be to pull in all manual annotations from WB into Noctua (on track)
    • Need to work on annotation history on back end
    • May have face-to-face meeting in Pasadena

Variation curation

  • Have a backlog; Paul D is assigned but has been overwhelmed
  • Have asserted this as a priority
  • We have the allele-sequence form; where does it go? Hinxton
  • Need to get allele/variation data in an Alliance-submission friendly form and pull it into the Alliance
  • Need to integrate curation with the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) pipeline

Topic meetings

  • Asia (Taipei) meeting, Paul S going
  • Aging meeting, Wen could go? (Wen: I can ask if they provide a timeslot for oral presentation.)
  • TAGC in April, Chris going


January 16, 2020

Variation names

  • Daniela entered a new allele name (tkTi1) in the temporary allele form CGI but it prompted an error: tkTi1 does not match 1 or 2 sets of 1-3 letters and 1-6 digits
.
  • Daniela asked Juancarlos to modify the temporary variation ID form to allow up to 4 letters instead of 3.
  • Form here: http://tazendra.caltech.edu/~azurebrd/cgi-bin/forms/generic.cgi?action=TempVariationObo
  • From the nomenclature guidelines: Newly generated Transposon insertions, especially those located in apparently intergenic regions, may also be given Ti (transposon insertion) names. These consist of the designation identifying the laboratory of origin, the two letters Ti, and a number, all italicized. Example: eTi13 is an insertion of a Mos transposon into an intergenic region on LGIII.
  • We will wait for Paul D/Tim response and act accordingly
  • for now the CGI has been changed to allow 4 letters, we will revert if need be

Webinars

  • During an AFP call we discussed the possibility to have webinars for authors to guide them through the form.
  • Is having a webinar series something WB is interested in doing?
    • we will start with an AFP/micropub webinar and will take it from there based on interest and attendance