WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
- 1 Previous Years
- 2 2022 Meetings
- 3 Aug 25th, 2022
- 4 Aug 18th, 2022
- 5 Aug 11th, 2022
- 6 July 28th, 2022
- 7 July 14th, 2022
- 8 June 30, 2022
- 9 June 23, 2022
- 10 May 26, 2022
- 11 May 12, 2022
Aug 25th, 2022
- Phosphoproteomic dataset
- WB grant - the new and radically different format for a “Biomedical Knowledgebase (U24 - Clinical Trials Not Allowed)” application
Aug 18th, 2022
- Raymond reporting on meeting with Scott Emmons and neural connectivity data
Aug 11th, 2022
Secondary species information content.
- Gone through and counted number of objects in different data classes for all species
- Pristionchus: Talk to Ralf Sommer and see if wee can take some of the pristionchus.org data into WB -> Ranjana; Decision: after more discussion, decided to hold off on this as the plan is to focus on C. elegans for the grant. Perhaps in the future, we can seek finding and collaboration with the Pritionchus community (such as Sommer lab, etc).
- Brainstorm on how wee can utilize other species data -> may be a separate grant
- remanei (4 genome versions) and briggsae (3 genome versions) problem -> several versions of the genome. Same problem in parasite. Will need to address in the future. Want to have multiple sequence alignments so researchers can compare different versions.
- Address c elegans version assemblies in the grant. LoS from authors?
- Parasite has a new RNAseq analysis pipeline (not single cells yet)
July 28th, 2022
Global Core Biodata Resource application https://docs.google.com/document/d/1juJ4mm1evay32lNt3OOsbKL36RY4_3cW/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106019143058337411488&rtpof=true&sd=true
July 14th, 2022
Reference and Person Evidence
- We need to know how best to move forward with ?Reference and ?Person evidence in the context of data exchange between WB and the Alliance
- Does A-team need to connect those WB Persons to be able to populate data in the Alliance curation db ?
- If so, can it wait until we have proper persons ?
- If not, when we have persons later will the data be reconnected to Person objects ?
- Where does data come from, which we call Person_evidence ? Some forms ? Direct emails ? Other sources ?
- For author curation/verification, what evidence do we want to use?
- Can we create Paper objects for the actual emails or other forms of communication (figure out details of when and what requirements), but keep Person_evidence for form submissions ?
- How much will it muddy things to create Paper objects for emails, e.g. how will it affect NLP downstream, do we need PDFs ?
- If we create personal communication References at Alliance only do we also want them as WBPapers, or will we just keep ?Person evidence at WB?
- Are we okay with conflating Person data and Paper data in Reference at the Alliance. That is, duplicating the same data as a Person and as a Reference.
How to look up balancers (Df / Dp) in WB (PWS/Ryan Baugh)
June 30, 2022
June 23, 2022
SOba in Alliance
GCBR application due 8th Aug
Prepare for grant; nice pics for metrics eg https://pharos.nih.gov
Should Alliance gene & allele model have Clone/Sequence name as an attribute?
May 26, 2022
WormBase user survey
May 12, 2022
Subcellular localization field
- WB has 2 separate free text fields to capture anatomical and subcellular localization statements but obviously the boundaries are fuzzy, see the example below where the statement belongs to both- there are many examples.
“miR-228 is expressed in the germline and preferentially localizes to the nuclear periphery.”
- Other MODs do not make such distinction.
- Daniela is asking the group advice to see if there is any objection in merging the 2 fields and slot the paragraph descriptions in the ExpressionExperimentStatement in LinkML.
- Decision: Keep just one field that will take care of both anatomical expression and subcellular localization
ExpressionExperimentStatement: is_a: EntityStatement description: >- Free-text describing some aspect(s) of a gene's expression, particularly nuanced information that is not readily captured in annotations. This statement's scope is limited to the associated ExpressionExperiment. notes: >- Inherits: statement_subject, statement_type, statement_text, references. slot_usage: statement_subject: range: ExpressionExperiment