WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Previous Years
- 2 2022 Meetings
- 3 March 10, 2022
- 4 April 28, 2022
- 5 May 12, 2022
March 10, 2022
Wormicloud for Alliance (Valerio/Jae)
Wormicloud Improvement (Jae)
Apologies: Stavros (attending ISB 1st UK-Local Biocuration Conference)
April 28, 2022
- WB grant report
- Discussion of what features are commonly used in the Caltech paper editor or otherwise wrt papers
- Discussion of what features are commonly used in the curation status form
May 12, 2022
Subcellular localization field
- WB has 2 separate free text fields to capture anatomical and subcellular localization statements but obviously the boundaries are fuzzy, see the example below where the statement belongs to both- there are many examples.
“miR-228 is expressed in the germline and preferentially localizes to the nuclear periphery.”
- Other MODs do not make such distinction.
- Daniela is asking the group advice to see if there is any objection in merging the 2 fields and slot the paragraph descriptions in the ExpressionExperimentStatement in LinkML.
ExpressionExperimentStatement: is_a: EntityStatement description: >- Free-text describing some aspect(s) of a gene's expression, particularly nuanced information that is not readily captured in annotations. This statement's scope is limited to the associated ExpressionExperiment. notes: >- Inherits: statement_subject, statement_type, statement_text, references. slot_usage: statement_subject: range: ExpressionExperiment