WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
March 1, 2018
- Bidirectional linking in place with ScienceDirect, Elsevier
- We link to their papers via DOI
- They link papers to WB
- Scholix becoming a standard platform for linking to DB websites
- WB would need to establish Scholix integration?
- Daniela to check in with the Alliance to see what the other groups are doing
- Would Caltech library need to establish a pipeline or would WB do it?
- Would be good to revisit the paper page display for what is referenced in the paper
- GO terms are not showing currently
- Would be good to assess what else is not showing currently
Upstate NY Worm Meeting
- Confirmation from organizers?
- Kimberly and Wen reached out to organizers about WB presentation
- 20-30 minute time slot for talk
- What are most important topics to bring up?
- Ask authors to submit sequence for sequence features, etc.
- Would be good to have answers to common questions about micropublications (how we get reviewers, etc.)
- Alliance of Genome Resources
- Help Desk/ Online chat service
- Organizers want WB to have table at meeting
- Meeting in Syracuse
Midwest Worm Meeting
- Organizers asked for $50-$100 sponsorship
We can pay for registration but we are not a company to sponsor events.
- How do DBs help research?
- How much time do MODs/Alliance etc. databases save researchers?