WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
December 4, 2014
Institution tag in ?Person class
- Cecilia gets data from papers (affiliation) and direct person submission.
- Some people are affiliated to several departments or several institutions
- Do we want to capture and distinguish all affiliations?
- Should the info be collected and pipe separated inside the Institution tag?
- This potentially adds a great deal of work to collect, fix, and maintain this info
- Do we want to create an ?Institution class? Do we want an ?Affiliation class?
- We want to standardize country name and institution name (use United Nations for reference of country names http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49alpha.htm )
- Institution and department can be listed in the same line like
?Person Institution ?Text Department ?Text Or if keeping as Institution ?Text We'd tokenize the text with pipes or semicolons, separating the Institution name; Insitution city / state / country; Department Or we'll put the Departments in the Street_address tag instead of the Institution tag, making the Insitution tag a controlled vocabulary
- Standardized county and state names?