Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
===Disease files on FTP===
===Disease files on FTP===
*No changes for
*No changes for , except an extra custom file that Hinxton is producing mostly for gene descriptions so that we don't get the wrong human diseases via poor orthology calls (see GitHub issue https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7839)
*Will be some consolidation of disease data
*Will be some consolidation of disease data possibly for , implications for downstream tools--gene descriptions, WOBR, ??
Revision as of 17:48, 10 September 2020
- 1 Previous Years
- 2 2020 Meetings
September 3, 2020
WS279 Citace upload
- September 25
- Local CIT upload (to Wen) Tuesday September 22 by 10am Pacific
New AFP datatype for curation status form (CSF)?
- afp_othergenefunc (to capture gene function other than enzymatic activity)
- Can wait a bit before adding to CSF; if there will be dedicated curation for that data type we may add later
GO annotation for description
- Kimberly will look into 'male tail tip developement' terms for description
Migrate wobr1 server to AWS
- SOLR, WOBr, SObA, Enrichment analysis
- Working with Sibyl on the process
- Will try migrating wobr1 first, as a test case
- May eventually move, for example, Tazendra
- Will there be drawbacks to doing this?
- Can we regularly ssh into Tazendra on AWS without issue? Costs for transferring large files
- Don't yet know the details of the costs, but we can try and keep track
- We should move into WB or Alliance AWS instances (or Stanford)
WormBase talk at Boston Area Worm Meeting
- Meeting will be virtual on Zoom
- Chris will give a talk September 23rd, 6pm Eastern, 3pm Pacific (probably first speaker but not sure)
- Send topic requests to Chris for the talk
- Current topics:
- Author First Pass
- Automated Gene Descriptions
- Community Curation
- WB Query Tools
- Chris will ask organizers if others can join: post on WormBase blog? May draw too large an audience for the zoom channel;
- If the organizers record the talk, we can post it on the blog and WB YouTube channel
September 10, 2020
GO GAF Files
- WS278 GO GAF is using the new 2.2 file format
- GO will not be emitting GAF 2.2 until the end of the year (will try to get a fixed date)
- Implications for gene descriptions, but what about other tools, applications at WB?
Disease files on FTP
- No changes for WS278 FTP files, except an extra custom file that Hinxton is producing mostly for gene descriptions so that we don't get the wrong human diseases via poor orthology calls (see GitHub issue https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7839)
- Will be some consolidation of disease data possibly for WS279 FTP files, implications for downstream tools--gene descriptions, WOBR, ??