WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
June 11, 2009
- Discussion of allele-paper connections
- Jolene has a Textpresso-based pipeline for identifying alleles in papers
- Alleles get associated with a paper if there is phenotypic or molecular data
- List of all alleles associated with a paper could possibly be passed on to Sanger for subsequent connection
- Discussion of gene-paper connections
- What criteria should be used for associating genes with papers?
- Currently being associated manually by a curator during first-pass
- Could Textpresso be harnessed for this task?
- There are different evidences attached to gene-paper connections
- Genes associated with a paper via Textpresso searches could be presented to the first-pass curator for approval in the first-pass form
- Need to fix current abstract-gene associating script to include proteins (e.g. PIE-1)
- Incorporate a canned Textpresso query on WormBase object pages so users could look for additional info if they want
- Other gene-object connections
- Develop a canned query for all objects that should be associated with the gene page
- Worm Meeting
- Pre-meeting - meeting rooms?
- Pre-meeting - practice talks for WormBase workshop
- Storage for swag - pavillion should be okay