WBConfCall 2014.08.07-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Abby, August 15th last day. Traditional serenade by the departing, Canadian soft-pop ballad of her choosing. Bryan Adams? Gordon Lightfoot?
- Thomas Down, 1st of August first day. No music will be provided.
SAB 2014 / 5th - 7th October
- Collect ideas and a draft agenda here
- Wait to hear from PWS on advisors before booking flights etc
- Once confirmation is received, contact Kevin to discuss accommodation etc.
Human disease portal (Todd)
There is an idea to make the human disease data more accessible and extend the curation. Discussion items:
- Example data already accessible in the acedb database
- I have created test queries and files available here ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub2/wormbase/STAFF/pad/disease_data_test
- Also on the [discussion] tab to this page.
- What additional curation is needed, and how does it overlap with the Disease Relevance data that Ranajana has been collecting?
- How should it be captured?
- Approach 1: speadsheet, which is exposed directly on the web-site
- Approach 2: traditional: in Postgres at Caltech, with dataflow into Ace (with new classes/tags)
- Should we import the whole human and mouse canonical gene sets to facilitate this (and other things)?
- What are the main anticipated use-cases?
- Orthology data in WormMine
- would facilitate some of the necessary queries (e.g. what worm genes have human orthologs)
- work underway to simplify the structure in Ace to make this easier (WS245)
Topics of the week (purely informational, doesn't need to be discussed):
- RNASeq graphical display
- search behaviour (multi-word / laboratory)
- OP50 genome - generated a ticket to develop linking to this data as don't want it as a WormBase species.
- not 100% confirmed (migth know until the end of the week accoring to PWS)
- please contribute ideas/topics
Human Disease Portal
- similar to the PI topics / spreadsheets
- aggregate cross-site information and curation at one place
- contribution from the community
- the data is hidden in ACeDB and quite inaccessible
- could do blog based thing
- currently curating topics
- on holiday at the moment
- possibly provide dynamic queries with WormMine
- example tables from ACeDB for phenotype/gene/disease/etc.
- see talk section
- tables become quite big as they can multiply by objects
- small projects
- additional curation needed?
- we could orient ourselves along other databases
- RNASeq display clarification for Chris
- aggregation by various possible things (lifestage/sex/environment/etc.)
- needs more curation/data to support the above (possible WS245/WS246)
- unintended change of display behaviour
- Sybil is working on the RNASeq display
- 244 will go back as before
- 245 will get additional aspects
- might one day become more dynamic