This is the official wiki site for WormBase, the database of the model organism Caenorhabditis elegans and related nematodes. WormBase is developed by an international consortium of researchers and computer scientists.
To edit this Wiki, please create an account (click on the 'log in/create account' link at the top of the page). Before contributing, please see the WormBaseWiki usage guidelines.
- Official User Guide -- Usage, FAQs, Glossary of terms
- Data mining - Learn about the methods for mining WormBase systematically
- Searching WormBase for Information About C. elegans (Wiley)
- Downloads - Download commonly requested files and datasets
- Submitting data and reporting errors
Our WormMine instance -- This is on our development machine, which may experience sporadic downtime.
- Overview of species' genomes available in WormBase
- C. elegans laboratories
- Worm Community Discussion Forum (Job postings)
- Software for nematode research
Reagents and Protocols
- Reagents - Useful reagents from third-party sources
- Experimental protocols:
- Related web resources
- Microarray Data Sites
WormBase offers a number of ways to stay up-to-date with new features and datasets, to make feature requests, and to ask for assistance with the database.
- Live Help Desk: The WormBase Room on FriendFeed
- Twitter: Status updates, Software commit messages
- Mailing Lists: General questions | Developers -- More...
- RSS Feeds: News and Status | Development News -- More Info
- WormBase Newsletters
- WormBook Announcements - low volume
- Help Desk During International Worm Meeting
- WormBase Staff Resources -- A guide to the tools available for WormBase staff
- Database Migration -- Documents and resources related to database migration
- Developer documentation