Data mining:WormMart:Example 1
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 03:17, 24 September 2007 by Tharris (→Example 1: List all synonyms for the following genes; bli-1, egl-43, lag-1)
Example 1: List all synonyms for the following genes; bli-1, egl-43, lag-1
- Start a new WormMart query: [HERE].
- On the START page;
- Select the Gene dataset.
- The <count> button on the right of the page will report the number of genes in the dataset in the Summary section, as shown [HERE].
- Click <next> to proceed to the FILTER page.
- On the FILTER page;
- In the Identification section, enable the Limit to Gene ID(s) of Type - Public/CGC Name filter,
- Paste the gene IDs bli-1, egl-43, lag-1 into the text box,
- Click <count> to update the page, as shown [HERE]
- Click <next> to proceed to the OUTPUT page.
- On the OUTPUT page, in the IDENTIFICATION - IDs section;
- Note that the gene synonyms in the export are combined in a single table cell. To get a row per synonym rather than a row per gene;
- Return to the OUTPUT page,
- Disable the Gene Names (merged) attribute,
- Enable the Gene Name (All) attribute,
- Click the <export> button, which will load the results as shown on this [HERE].