WBConfCall 2020.03.19-Agenda and Minutes
Agenda and Minutes
Looking for new ways to allocate students working remotely
- Train students to do curation on phenotype and GO.
- Kimberly will send out the GO micropub.
Proposed New File Format for GO
- GO has put a draft of the GPAD/GPI 2.0 file specifications on github for comment
- github ticket for comments: https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2864
- Comments or questions accepted through the end of March
- GAF files will still be supported in the future for current tools.
- RO is already used in WB, but not for annotation extension.
AFP alerts for new positive papers for datatypes
Jae would like to receive these digest emails with higher frequency (currently once a month). Need to discuss this with other curators and Hinxton
- Everybody agreed on weekly alerts. They will be set up for the next AFP release
- As of Wed. 03/18, 3pm PST, there are no WS276 files to run our pipeline on, so we have run the new code on WS275 files.
- The new code reflects the change for orthology that now selects only those human orthologs for elegans genes that have been called by 3 or more methods.
- We will alert Users to this change for WS276 descriptions via release notes, blog etc.
- We decided to wait for the previous release files. Wen is already generating her files from the staging ftp site.
Human gene IDs from HGNC
- Human genes should be referenced as HGNC ID objects in WB curation database.
- We are currently using Ensembl IDs.
- We decided that Hinxton will take care of generating a new file that will be imported into the OA.
Mailing list issues
- Caltech accounts are being blocked by Google. Everybody should subscribe to the lists with their google accounts (WB.org or other)
WB f2f meeting
- Topic specific calls could be easier to manage.
Seems to be a gene descriptions issue. We are not including references atm.
- https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7626 - Paul D. Responded
- https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7623 - Paul D. Responded
- https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7621 - Non Help-Desk, Human disease widget
- https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7619 - Sibyl resolved and responded
Changed gene descriptions code to pick orthologs only if they have number of methods >= 3