WBConfCall 2017-08-017-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Kevin and Paul Davis are on leave until Monday, Paul Kersey is at the Alliance PI meeting - Mh6 (talk)
- Daniela [Karen/Raymond filling in as conference moderator]
Updates from last meeting
- NAR paper status - due the 15th, was it sent off?
- WB Grant status update - drafts due today
- modENCODE data, meeting from last week left off with a question
- Should WormBase provide authoritative info about modENCODE data? Something to consider
- Search testing, Sibyl asked for people to test search function for their data; has there been enough feedback?
WormBase Slack Team
- There is now a consolidated WormBase slack team -consolidated from hinxton and oicr slack teams, which had been in place since 2015
- does not replace the AGR slack
- If interested, you can sign up with your WormBase.org|Caltech|OICR email (without verification) or other email (with verification)
- cost is based on per active user basis, expense should be nominal with educational discount
- paying allows access to past messages
Outstanding Help Desk Issues
- Is it OK to sell things on WormBase forum?
- Raymond suggests making a division between for-profit or non-profit, Paul S. suggests if laboratory work is involved that could be another distinction
- We could use this as a means to monetize a separate - better visibility for companies, the forum doesn't necessarily provide a large traffic
- User has issues logging into WormBase (https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/5812)
- Sibyl will take care of this
- [can't be dealt with until after Paul D. returns 21-8-17] Molecule model change still requires fixing of .ace, (https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/5687)
- Hinxton - Kevin will be a few days late, OICR - will deliver to RL today
- Todd is point person for NAR - send everything to him
- NAR invitation to write goes to previous point person.
- PIs taking care of their respective sites
- propose fixing ModEncode data to make its upkeep and display more robust, clear, and useful for users and easier for us to maintain
- AGR PI meeting in Chicago tomorrow, discussion will focus on what happens beyond the 1.0 release.
Delay data upload for next release
- Wen wants to push back the local upload to citace to Aug 29th
- initial topic came up due to missing data and discrepencies on the modEncode track, wrt re-called data
- Chris suggests consolidating some of the tracks
- Gary W. will lead
Sibyl will call out for feedback on a 2nd round