WBConfCall 2011.07.21-Agenda and Minutes
Conference call 21st July 2011
Apologies for absence:
Start 16:30 GMT
- new site will go public beta on September 1st. There will be a link from the old site to encourage people to explore.
- WormBase staff are encouraged to test test test.
- beta.wormbase is not a dev site, so all errors should be reported.
- elegans - gene set + new RNASeq-based intron curation features
- japonica - assembly and gene set
- brenneri - assembly and gene set
- briggsae - gene set + RNASeq-based intron features
- C. sp. 11 - new gene set (Erich's RNASeq-guided Augustus predictions).
- work on C. sp. 7 and 9 has been suspended in light of cross-contamination issue
- draft gene set for new Brugia assembly ready, but release in WormBase some time off
- WS227 due out on ftp.sanger.ac.uk in first week of August
- Karen agreed to take the lead on NAR and/or Worm. Everyone agreed (Caltech's turn on the rota anyway).
- NAR should be update based (data-oriented changes since 2010 edition). Worm article can be more comprehensive.
- More than one paper for Worm?
- Should also do an additional paper for new the web-site.
- Ideas/suggestions invited for content of all of these.