WormMine Results Page
Results Page table
All WormMine query results are presented as tables. The number of resulting items is dependent on the query performed (number of rows) and the Data Model classes selected (number of columns; templates have a pre-defined set of columns). Most items in the table showed in blue are active links to WormBase pages, where more information about the item can be found. Hovering over the item will display a popup with some summary information about it.
Results tables have a small toolbox available in each column that allows for some operations to be performed
- up and down arrows allow for sorting, ascending and descending
- x allows the column to be removed
- three dots toggle on and off the visibility of the column (it becomes an arrow when the column is invisible )
- funnel acts as a filter selector that can be added or removed from the table. Multiple filters can be functional at the same time in different columns
- bar graph presents statistics about the column; filters may also be added using this feature
Results tables also have a set of buttons on top of the table that provide some options for exporting, saving and displaying the contents of the table. Some of these buttons open a dialog box on top of the table with actions that can be performed; these dialog boxes need to be dismissed to return to the results table.
- Manage Columns - allows the user to select column order, remove columns, add new columns that are not part of the query/template, sort the order of all columns in bulk, and apply sort order priorities
- Manage Filters - allows for multiple filter management at once, including constraints and filter logic. The dialog box allows users to include filters from fields and items that are not part of the query/template
- Manage Relationships - allows for setting attributes as required (inner join) or optional (outer join). This allows for exclusion of classes from the final result set, or making connections that are displayed in the results table to be optional on the screen, making related classes to appear nested
- After using any of the Manage features, an Undo button will appear, allowing users to reverse their last actions
- Save as List - this button creates a WormMine list that can be saved by the user so it can be applied later on a different query or can be kept between releases, allowing for release differences to be examined. One column or individual rows can be selected for a list. Once selected, a list name has to be provided to save the list (to take full advantage, create an account and login first)
- Export - saves a text file with the items in the table. Columns and rows can be selected, headers can be added, and compression can be applied to the resulting file (useful for really long tables). It is possible to send the results to a Galaxy or Genomespace service. Depending on the kind of results displayed, there are options to save the file as FASTA or other common formats