Data and display problems of GO annotations in WormBase
1. Several versions of GO terms exist (deprecated, secondary IDs and current), eg., the term 'aging', at least two aging terms come up. (ontology file issue, both exist in the file)
2. GO-gene associations exist without any supporting evidences--evidence codes, papers etc; (this is an ontology file issue)
3. For some terms the ancestor and/or descendent list is huge, several thousand and many of these look wrong. eg.,GO:0007192:adenylate cyclase-activating serotonin receptor signaling pathway has 92 ancestors and 14,285 children. (ontology file issue, checked in Amigo, has 19 ancestors and no children)
4. Would be nice to show, for a given GO Term page on WormBase, annotations not only to that term, but all of its descendants as well.
6. Similar to #5, I found that the GO term GO:0000977 is listed as "RNA" when it should be "RNA polymerase II regulatory region sequence-specific DNA binding".