WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Previous Years
- 2 2020 Meetings
- 2.1 Nov 5th, 2020
- 2.2 Nov 12th, 2020
- 2.3 Nov 19, 2020
Nov 5th, 2020
WS279 GAF 2.0 and disease files
- Valerio and Ranjana still working with the GAF 2.0 files to generate gene descriptions
- Valerio and Ranjana will probably have a meeting with Magdalena to sort out the FTP file issues for gene descriptions
- Will let Raymond know if the disease GAFs are okay after they test these for gene descriptions
- Raymond needs the GAFs for WoBR
Experimenting with addeding new citace data to the current WS release
- Wen will take the newest expression, physical interaction, and paper class from postgres, add them to WS279 to create a "WS279.1" version of ACeDB database. Then compare WS279.1 to WS279 by comparing the SimpleMine results generated from these two versions of ACeDB. The goal is to explore the possibility of notifying users some of the new curation since the data freeze for the WS build.
MicroPub user webinar on Nov 9th
- Ranjana and Kimberly have conflicts--Alliance call and GO call. Anyway microPub team is running the show and they have other WormBasers to help as well.
- Caltech files due for citace: Dec 15th, 2020
Nov 12th, 2020
Cynthia Kenyon tool
- developed a new tool for the worm, complete with tutorials, for analyzing gene expression data using Gene Module analysis.
- tool at http://genemodules.org
- add link outs from the gene expression widget or add in general WB tools?
- if we want to incorporate we need to have it updated.
- are they maintaining it?
- there's no RNAseq, can be outdated
- maybe good to add a blog post
Graphical curation tool update
- We will show a live demo on the current state of the graphical curation tool
Curating to human genes in ACEDB
- Karen requested option to curate constructs with human genes
- Would we need to change our human genes in ACEDB? For example, migrate from Ensembl IDs to HGNC IDs as primary keys?
- Will discuss on next site-wide call
GAF (and GAF-like) file headers
- GO GAF files (on FTP, WS279) for WormBase now in 2.2 format with header like
!gaf-version: 2.2 !generated-by: WormBase !date-generated: 2020-10-30 ! WB annotations 00015014
- For files that can migrate to 2.2 format (e.g. always require column 4 qualifier) we could adopt a similar header
- For other files (that cannot always have a qualifier in column 4), we could stick to 2.0 format with a header like:
!gaf-version: 2.0 !generated-by: WormBase !date-generated: 2020-10-30
- Current need is to include information about format specification, possibly in addition to other extra header content.
- New proposed headers:
!project-URL: https://wormbase.org !specification-URL: https://github.com/geneontology/geneontology.github.io/blob/issue-go-annotation-2917-gaf-2_2-doc/_docs/go-annotation-file-gaf-format-22.md
!specification-URL: https://wiki.wormbase.org/index.php/WormBase_gene_association_file !project-release: WS279
- Could repurpose the Wiki page: https://wiki.wormbase.org/index.php/WormBase_gene_association_file from internal docs only to include user guide info, including how our GAF-like files deviate in format from standard GAF
Nov 19, 2020
- JBrowse webinar tomorrow (Friday)
- Background slides put together for when audience is waiting
- Wen will start the meeting at 9:30am Pacific; can run a test poll
- Questions will be collected in Google Doc; answers can be written into the Google Doc in real time; we can use the Google Doc as a reference to assemble FAQs later
- Is Eduardo still working on it?
- He replied to a user asking about Alaska
- Is it still running? Maintained?
- Can we tell what usage it gets?