WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
March 5, 2020
- Tim Schedl: WB needs to do more curation for phenotype and variation
- Doing community curation, but not fast enough
- Would like to work on more automation; e.g. having Textpresso return all sentences mentioning an allele in papers that are predicted to have phenotype data
- Joesph may be able to meet with Raymond
- How can the tool be maintained? If it can't it needs to be pulled
Single cell expression tool
- Tool is here: http://de.wormcells.com/
- What do we need to consider for pulling into WormBase?
- Where does the data sit and how does the tool access it? Can we integrate the data more into WormBase (e.g. local curation databases)?
- Would want it to be in sync with WormBase releases
- May not need to reprocess with every release with current (small-ish) data set
- Fully integrated tool versus an embedded tool?
Name service updates
- For now we will stick to the CGIs that Juancarlos has built for variations and strains
- Juancarlos can discuss with Matt R. and Sibyl the possibility of integrating API requests to the Name service into a CGI form for the OA
March 12, 2020
Storing invalid/avoided WBPersons and email addresses in Postgres
- Currently Chris has been maintaining (on Google sheets) a list of papers, people, and email addresses to omit from future WormBase outreach requests
- Valerio would like to add these to Postgres to keep a more central repository of them
- Chris would still like to be able to readily update/edit the content of those lists