WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Previous Years
- 2 2020 Meetings
- 2.1 February 6, 2020
- 2.2 February 13, 2020
- 2.3 February 20, 2020
- 2.4 February 27, 2020
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
February 6, 2020
Worcester Area Worm Meeting talk
- Confirmed for December 2020 or February 2021
- Code developed and maintained by Joseph, but not long term solution
- Raymond and Eduardo talked about taking it over
- Why have a web application vs. a command-line application?
- Wanted to make it easy, but also to capture meta data for WB
- Should/will find out from Joseph about how hard it is to maintain the software
- Maybe it could be taken over by Alliance, as RNA-Seq/Microarray meta data are getting harmonized
- Expression working group working with Brian Oliver to have GEO take in more structured meta data
- Array Express tried requiring more structured meta data, but authors stopped submitting
- May be possible to build a form that collects meta data while simultaneously submitting to GEO in parallel
February 13, 2020
Alliance Literature Group
- Held first meeting on Monday, February 10th
- Regular meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10am/1pm/6pm
- Representatives from each group will give a brief overview of their literature pipelines before the group gets into details about deliverables
- Question about centralized paper repository; group needs guidance from Alliance PIs on how to proceed
?Genotype class model
- Can aim to implement for WS277 but may have to wait until WS278
- Will put documentation here
WB All-Hands Meeting
- Doodle poll
- Any thoughts at this point? Still need to discuss with Hinxton, Toronto.
February 20, 2020
- We will equate superficially similar/identical genotypes for now
- What if labs sequence strains later and find out more?
- Labs will have to report strains and their sequence and we back-curate accordingly
VC2010 assembly genes
- WormMine now returning double the gene count for C. elegans genes because of incorporation of newest VC2010 assembly
- How to best handle these "extra" genes?
- We could make different species entries that specify the assembly version
February 27, 2020
- Genotype Wiki page updated
- 65 unread messages pertaining to AFP, some dating back to June. Can we clean these up?
- Many are bounced emails messages
- Do we want a common place to track bad/bouncing email addresses? We need to distinguish addresses that bounce for policy/SPAM reasons versus those that are likely outdated or no longer in use.