WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
November 7, 2019
WS275 Citace upload
- Maybe Nov 22 upload to Hinxton
- CIT curators upload to Spica on Tues Nov 19
- Working data model document
- Several classes have a "Genotype" tag with text entry
- Mass_spec_experiment (no data as of WS273)
- Collecting all genotype text entries yields ~33,000 unique entries, with many different forms:
- Species entries, like "Acrobeloides butschlii wild isolate" or "C. briggsae"
- Strain entries, like "BA17[fem-1(hc-17)]" or "BB21" or "BL1[pK08F4.7::K08F4.7::GFP; rol-6(+)]"
- Anonymous transgenes, like "BEC-1::GFP" or "CAM-1-GFP" or "Ex[Pnpr-9::unc-103(gf)]"
- Complex constructs, like "C56C10.9(gk5253[loxP + Pmyo-2::GFP::unc-54 3' UTR + Prps-27::neoR::unc-54 3' UTR + loxP]) II"
- Text descriptions, like "Control" or "WT" or "Control worms fed on HT115 containing the L4440 vector without insert" or "N.A."
- Bacterial genotypes, like "E. coli [argA, lysA, mcrA, mcrB, IN(rrnD-rrnE)1, lambda-, rcn14::Tn10(DE3 lysogen::lavUV5 promoter -T7 polymerase]"
- Including balancers, like "F26H9.8(ok2510) I/hT2 [bli-4(e937) let-?(q782) qIs48] (I;III)"
- Reference to parent strain, like "Parent strain is AG359"
- Referring to RNAi, like "Pglr-1::wrm-1(RNAi)" or "Phsp-6::gfp; phb-1(RNAi)"
- Referring to apparent null or loss of function alleles, like "Phsp-4::GFP(zcIs4); daf-2(-)" or "ced-10(lf)"
Gene comparison SObA
November 14, 2019
- The Allied Genetics Conference next April (2020) in/near Washington DC
- Abstract deadline is Dec 5th
- Alliance has a shared booth (3 adjacent booths)
- Micropublications will have a booth (Karen and Daniela will attend)
- Focus will be on highlighting the Alliance
- Workshop at NLM in days following TAGC about curation at scale (Kimberly attending and chairing session)
Alliance all hands meeting
- Lightning talk topics?
- Single cell RNA Seq (Eduardo)
- SimpleMine? (Wen)
- SObA? (Raymond); still working on multi-species SObA
- Phenotype community curation?
- Alliance needs a curation database
- A curation working group was proposed
- What needs to happen to get this going?
- Would include text mining tools/resources
- Would be good to have something like the curation status form
- MODS likely have their own special requirements, but there should probably be at least a common minimal set of features
- Micropubs pushing data submission forms; might as well house them within the Alliance
- Would be good to have a common (or individually relevant) AFP form(s) for all Alliance members