WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
July 11th, 2019
Alliance all hands meeting
- Raymond: would be interested in discussing ontologies and their usage in the Alliance
- Phenotype, anatomy ontologies, GO, etc.
- Ontology browsers, SObA
- Videos ready for upload
- Wen and Raymond now have access to firstname.lastname@example.org account; will upload videos
- Wen met Craig Mello at the IWM; he is interested in putting up microinjection videos online; linkable from WormBase?
- Can make each video a Video Weblog so people can make comments, etc.
July 25, 2019
- Raymond added back some deprecated cell group terms as obsolete terms
Life stage ontology
- Who will take charge of it? Raymond or Chris?
- OBO-to-ACE script is working
- OBO is working (?) in SObA and WOBr
- Chris will take over life stage ontology; Daniela & Raymond will send Chris location of OBO-to-ACE script
- Chris will send release OBO to Raymond to test WOBr and SObA
Anatomy term acronyms
- Some anatomy terms: can the name be changed?
- e.g. "DTC" is main label for "distal tip cell"
- e.g. "HMC" is main label for "head mesodermal cell"
- e.g. "gon herm dtca" is main label for "anterior distal tip cell"
- Karen: would be good to still point out a "public name" or "common name"
- Chris: we may need to select a specific OWL annotation property to dump into OBO so our scripts can recognize them and populate ACEDB/Datomic
Author first pass
- Paul: spent about 30-40 minutes doing author first pass for a micropublication