Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"
m (→April 11, 2019)
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
== April 11, 2019 ==
== April 11, 2019 ==
Revision as of 19:05, 4 April 2019
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
April 4, 2019
Paul's Biocuration Keynote
- At Biocuration keynote, Paul S. will talk about web forms, including Author First Pass form
- Can someone send Paul the latest AFP form location and documentation
- Will also discuss the future of micropublications
- Stickers vs. screen cloths
- Daniela had contacted Jessie to make new graphic; she's interested, but do we still need a new graphic?
- Plan was to make ~2,000 screen cloths (4x4 inch or 6x6 inch?)
- As for design would be nice to have new design
- Gary had made cartoon for community curation (proposal might be offensive to some)
- Include water bottles for special contributors? In addition to shot glasses?
- Turn around time? ~ 1 month; designs done in April; submit request by mid-May at latest
- Worm in apple graphic? Dragon worm cartooon? Maybe some variation on it?
- We can ask Jessie if she can draw up a couple quick sketch ideas
- Juancarlos worked on a tool to extract WBPerson collaborators
- WB staff generally had ~100 collaborators, Paul S has 670
- Distinguish between collaborators and coauthors? Manual (self reported) vs. automatic associations?
- Make modification to ACEDB model?
- Maybe 'collaborators' should be restricted to the laboratory level?
April 11, 2019
Canadian C. elegans meeting
the "Canadian C. elegans meeting” that will follow the 2019 annual conference of the Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences. The CSMB conference is held at Université de Montréal on June 2-5, 2019 and will focus on Model systems in cancer research (https://www.fourwav.es/view/1174/info/). The C. elegans conference will be held at the CHUM Research Center in downtown Montréal on Thursday June 6, 2019, and will offer opportunities for both oral and poster presentations. The schedule is not finalized yet but it should start around 8:30am and end around 6pm, followed by an apero in a nearby pub. The costs of registrations will depend on the number of participants but will be between 35 and 50 $ per person (it will cover the costs of lunch, coffee break and logistics).