WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
April 4, 2019
Paul's Biocuration Keynote
- At Biocuration keynote, Paul S. will talk about web forms, including Author First Pass form
- Can someone send Paul the latest AFP form location and documentation
- Will also discuss the future of micropublications
- Stickers vs. screen cloths
- Daniela had contacted Jessie to make new graphic; she's interested, but do we still need a new graphic?
- Plan was to make ~2,000 screen cloths (4x4 inch or 6x6 inch?)
- As for design would be nice to have new design
- Gary had made cartoon for community curation (proposal might be offensive to some)
- Include water bottles for special contributors? In addition to shot glasses?
- Turn around time? ~ 1 month; designs done in April; submit request by mid-May at latest
- Worm in apple graphic? Dragon worm cartooon? Maybe some variation on it?
- We can ask Jessie if she can draw up a couple quick sketch ideas
- Juancarlos worked on a tool to extract WBPerson collaborators
- WB staff generally had ~100 collaborators, Paul S has 670
- Distinguish between collaborators and coauthors? Manual (self reported) vs. automatic associations?
- Make modification to ACEDB model?
- Maybe 'collaborators' should be restricted to the laboratory level?