WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls

From WormBaseWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Previous Years

2009 Meetings

2011 Meetings

2012 Meetings

2013 Meetings

2014 Meetings

2015 Meetings


February 2015

February 5, 2015

Community Annotation

  • Mary Ann discussed with Paul S.
  • Mary Ann would like to develop a prototype curation form (for variations/molecular lesions) for the international meeting
    • Test version in 6 weeks?
    • Juancarlos would need a list of required fields, field types, data connections, etc.
    • Could take advantage of existing forms
  • Ranjana and Juancarlos working on the concise description form

Changing GAF format

  • What implications does this have for the WormBase Ontology Browser?
  • What testing of generation of the GAF could be done (and sent to Raymond)?
  • Kimberly will discuss with Kevin

Automated descriptions with updated release schedule

  • WS247 database will not be ready with enough time for Ranjana and James to incorporate into the automated description generation
  • They can make do with older files

Citace upload for WS248

  • Tuesday March 3rd

February 12, 2015

Physical Interaction Curation

  • We have begun physical interaction in Interaction OA
  • We are establishing a pipeline to share all physical and genetic interactions with BioGRID
  • It would be good to clarify which curators can/will curate physical interactions
  • Would be good if phenotype curators could curate genetic AND physical interactions in the same paper
  • Something that John DeModena could do?
  • Xiaodong capturing protein-DNA interactions
  • We still need to decide what level of detail we would like to capture
  • We could try to capture specific protein sequences used in experiments
  • We don't have individual protein/peptide sequence objects, maybe we want them? IDs for domain instances?
  • We have an SVM pipeline "geneprodgo"
  • A lot of GO protein interaction data to extract; might use ?Analysis objects to track attribution of curation

BioGRID interaction sharing

  • Provenance and attribution issues
  • ?Analysis object can be created for BioGRID attribution
  • WormBase has imported all worm (C. elegans) physical (protein-protein) interactions from BioGRID
  • Working on importing BioGRID genetic interactions, or at least resolving overlap
  • WormBase will send physical and genetic interaction data to BioGRID at every upload
  • Rose et al are considering regulatory interaction data, currently discussing

WormBook WormBase Chapter

  • Feb 28 deadline coming up
  • Can be about 3 pages per chapter
  • Sections can be written as stand alone and merged as necessary
  • Putatively 8 - 10 chapters being written

User submitted Phenotype (RNAi) data

  • A user recently requested addition of RNAi data for a handful of papers
  • I (Chris) directed them to our trial RNAi data submission table
  • Would be good to embed community annotation forms into WormBase website so that users could log in and add data without having to re-enter personal information
  • Can we map user login info to WBPerson ID? Is that already the case? Would be good.

Clone Mapper Software

  • We will adopt Clone Mapper for RNAi clone mapping
  • Chris and Kevin working with Jonathan Ewbank
  • Important issue remains: what cutoff for the Clone Mapper tool do we choose?
  • We are working on creating RNAi reagent objects in WormBase to capture targets (and off targets) independently of any RNAi experiments

WormBase PI meeting for database migration

  • Next week to discuss current new database considerations
  • Datomic, MongoDB, etc. front runners

Virtual Fly Brain

  • Paul S will talk to group
  • 8:30am meeting next Monday
  • Coordination with fly and fish groups
  • Working out applicable ontologies

February 19, 2015

Citace Upload

  • 10am March 3rd

International Meeting Workshop

  • Raymond will cover WormBase Ontology Browser
  • Ranjana will cover concise description submission/correction
  • Paul S. will present at plenary session to make a call for community annotation
  • Kevin will present Parasite and sequence repositories/submission

Int. Mtg. Booth and Posters?

  • Would be good to have a projector at booth like last time; show people how to get data, etc.
  • Keep the poster for advertisement/outreach and displaying the most current WB poster (Xiaodong's SeqFeat)
  • Could have prepared presentation/slides displayed on projector at booth by default as a background; change to live demo as needed
  • Could demonstrate community annotation?
  • Advertisement & Outreach
  • Community annotation poster?

WS247 WormBase Ontology Browser built

  • Number of genes with Gene Ontology annotations dropped
  • May be explained by lack of Phenotype-to-GO annotations
  • Raymond can send numbers to Kimberly

February 26, 2015

WormBook chapter(s)

  • We'll do a round of reviews and edits on Google Docs
  • Eventually we'll transition to Word Docs
  • We can hand in next week sometime
  • WRT community annotation, we can discuss what we already have

2015 International C. elegans meeting

  • Posters
    • Could submit abstracts for 1-2 posters
    • Could project slides/posters projected at Help Desk booth
    • Self explanatory slides projected?
  • Workshop
    • Volunteers:
      • Raymond : WOBr
      • Mary Ann : Community annotation (for variation)
      • Ranjana : Concise descriptions
      • Kevin : Parasite, sequence repositories & submission
      • Chris : WormMine
      • Kimberly : Finding and using GO annotations
      • Scott Cain : JBrowse
  • WormBase staff could have distinctive outfits (shirts or hats)
    • Paul S could wear it at opening plenary talk
  • Maybe Kevin Howe could request a booth for ParaSite?

Model change errors for WS248 upload

  • Historical_gene tag accidentally removed from ?Construct model
  • Would be good for all curators to see an explicit diff output to confirm all changes made
  • Before testing the models, would be good for Paul Davis to send a formal diff of all changes made to confirm

Automated concise descriptions

  • Orthology pipeline needed to be reworked
  • Find best match by multiple orthology searching methods
  • 120,000+ total automated descriptions
    • 5 Caenorhabditis species
    • Pristionchus pacificus
    • Brugia malayi
    • Onchocerca volvulus
  • One-to-many orthologies start to become unwieldy
  • Because of upload time crunches, we may want to fall back on older files if necessary

Database infrastructure

  • Narrowed down to Datomic and MongoDB
  • Thomas, Lincoln thought Datomic was better
  • Datomic *could* possibly be bought out
    • Could still be changed over; would require work, but would have technology in place, worth it
  • Will have timestamps
  • Still planning to have a single all-encompassing database

BioGRID data sharing pipeline

  • Juancarlos developed a BioGRID TAB2 dump file from the Interaction OA
  • Eventually will send all worm genetic and physical interactions to BioGRID
  • Will omit genetic no_interactions
  • Will omit interactions with no PubMed ID: reviews or person evidence only
  • Will omit interactions with uncloned genes (no Entrez ID)
  • As of Feb 25, 2015, we have ~8220 total novel* genetic interactions to submit to BioGRID (*novel to BioGRID)

Species for genes in Postgres

  • We will talk to Michael Paulini about getting species info for genes
  • Need to get from GeneACE or some place else
  • Added after meeting - yes, all Species are in Geneace. (Mary Ann)