WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
August 6th, 2020
Experimental conditions data flow into Alliance
- Experimental conditions in disease annotations: WB has inducers (used to recapitulate the disease condition) and modifiers (a modifier can ameliorate, exacerbate, or have no effect, on the disease condition)
- We use the WB Molecule CV for Inducers and Modifiers in disease annotation
- Experimental conditions in phenotype annotations: are free text (captured in remarks); will probably need to formalize later on
- So for data flow into Alliance:
- In the short term we will load the Molecule CV into the Alliance (Ranjana and Michael P. will work on this)
- Groups will switch to using common data model that works for all and common ontology/ontologies in the near future.
- How do we handle genetic sex? Part of condition?
- Condition has been intended for external/environmental conditions, whereas genetic sex is inherent to the organism of study
- Expression pattern curation needs genetic sex; needs a model at the Alliance for capturing sex