WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
August 2, 2018
- The AFP pipeline is currently emailing authors from karen's e-mail address
- Use same e-mail account Chris is using for phenotype community curation requests or create a new account for AFP (gmail)
- Can use firstname.lastname@example.org for consistency
- May use the PMID in the subject line so e-mails will not be all in the same thread
- Todd and Chris have email credentials
- Chris will send to Valerio, Juancarlos, Daniela, and Kimberly
- Let Valerio and Juancarlos know what pipelines use AFP before they modify
- Do curators still want to receive emails when authors flag their data type?
- We will leave the alert emails as is for now
August 9, 2018
- Mei Zhen, SAB member suggested that we include disease models in the AFP form.
- The AFP group will work with Ranjana to incorporate it. Ranjana will prepare a mock by next week.
- We will then decide about using the existing afp_humdis tables or creating new ones.
- Shall we move tazendra.caltech.edu to the cloud? Either WormBase cloud or Caltech cloud?
August 16, 2018
ICBO 2018 recap
- POTATO workshop (Phenotype Ontologies Traversing All The Organisms)
- Will work towards generating standardized logical definitions using Dead Simple OWL Design Patterns (DOSDP)
- Can use Protege to edit the OWL ontology and ROBOT for automating generation of many terms and logical definitions in parallel
- Will try to align WPO to UPheno as best as we can
- Will participate in Phenotype Onotlogy Developer's call, every 2 weeks on Tuesdays (9am Pacific, 12pm East coast, 5pm UK)
- Crash course in Protege, ROBOT, Ontology Development Kit
- Xenbase is trying to develop a phenotype ontology (spoke with Troy Pell, developer)
- Asked about WPO and how we curate