Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"

From WormBaseWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
(377 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
 +
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2019|2019 Meetings]]
  
  
 
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
 
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
= 2019 Meetings =
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_January_2019|January]]
 
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_February_2019|February]]
 
 
 
==March 28, 2019==
 
  
====Textpresso Central vs Old Textpresso site====
+
= 2020 Meetings =
*A search for "SimpleMine" got 1 paper in TPC, 5 papers in the old site.
 
*A search for "alg-5" in TPC got 6 hits but the first two were redundant. The result missed pmid29927939 that was found by the old site. 
 
  
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_January_2020|January]]
  
==March 21, 2019==
 
====IWM 2019 workshop====
 
Topic/Speaker
 
*Start with gene page, that's when you have a single gene --Kimberly
 
*Then go on to data mining, for multiple genes--SimpleMine, WormMine, Parasite BioMart etc  --Wen and Chris
 
*Then you can also visualize data with these tools-WoBR, SoBA, etc
 
*If you are interested in other species, find cross-species data at the Alliance --Ranjana
 
*Help us curate your data!  End with community curation-New Author First pass form, community curation forms--Daniela
 
  
I think we have a good flow here, can keep thinking about this.  Ranjana will shorten abstract and submit final list first week of April.
+
== February 6, 2020 ==
  
====IWM 2019 swag ideas====
+
=== Worcester Area Worm Meeting talk ===
*WormBase sticker
+
* Confirmed for December 2020 or February 2021
**Micropub folks have done stickers, in Paul's office, take a look
 
**Daniela will look into this, pricing and time
 
*Gary's ideas:
 
**Screen cleaning cloths with community curation theme on them, he will send around the picture
 
**Water bottles for the top community curators
 
**Fidget spinners, with the WB picture in the middle
 
**Gary will talk to Daniel to see if he can help with finding sellers/prices
 
  
We could do them all , a mixture, depending on the budget, need to ask Paul S. what the budget is for IWM swag
+
=== Alaska software ===
 +
* Code developed and maintained by Joseph, but not long term solution
 +
* Raymond and Eduardo talked about taking it over
 +
* Why have a web application vs. a command-line application?
 +
** Wanted to make it easy, but also to capture meta data for WB
 +
* Should/will find out from Joseph about how hard it is to maintain the software
 +
* Maybe it could be taken over by Alliance, as RNA-Seq/Microarray meta data are getting harmonized
 +
* Expression working group working with Brian Oliver to have GEO take in more structured meta data
 +
* Array Express tried requiring more structured meta data, but authors stopped submitting
 +
* May be possible to build a form that collects meta data while simultaneously submitting to GEO in parallel
  
  
== March 7, 2019 ==
+
== February 13, 2020 ==
  
=== IWM workshop ===
+
=== Alliance Literature Group ===
* Still haven't heard back from organizers yet
+
* Held first meeting on Monday, February 10th
 +
* Regular meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10am/1pm/6pm
 +
* Representatives from each group will give a brief overview of their literature pipelines before the group gets into details about deliverables
 +
* Question about centralized paper repository; group needs guidance from Alliance PIs on how to proceed
  
=== IWM swag ===
+
=== ?Genotype class model ===
* Think of ideas for the meeting
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hP9r6BpPW3FSAeC_67FNyNq58NGp4eaXBT42Ch3gDE/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.7r3e8pg19rd8 Proposal]
 +
* Can aim to implement for WS277 but may have to wait until WS278
  
=== Upload ===
+
=== Genotype OA ===
* Local upload to Spica is Tuesday, March 12th, 10am Pacific
+
* Will put documentation [[Genotype|here]]
  
=== Trustworthy data repositories workshop ===
+
=== WB All-Hands Meeting ===
* Chris will go to NIH, April 8 and 9
+
* [https://doodle.com/poll/7f65p4ba6d88ztzt Doodle poll]
* To discuss trustworthiness standards for data repositories
+
* Any thoughts at this point?  Still need to discuss with Hinxton, Toronto.

Latest revision as of 19:30, 13 February 2020

Previous Years

2009 Meetings

2011 Meetings

2012 Meetings

2013 Meetings

2014 Meetings

2015 Meetings

2016 Meetings

2017 Meetings

2018 Meetings

2019 Meetings


GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1

2020 Meetings

January


February 6, 2020

Worcester Area Worm Meeting talk

  • Confirmed for December 2020 or February 2021

Alaska software

  • Code developed and maintained by Joseph, but not long term solution
  • Raymond and Eduardo talked about taking it over
  • Why have a web application vs. a command-line application?
    • Wanted to make it easy, but also to capture meta data for WB
  • Should/will find out from Joseph about how hard it is to maintain the software
  • Maybe it could be taken over by Alliance, as RNA-Seq/Microarray meta data are getting harmonized
  • Expression working group working with Brian Oliver to have GEO take in more structured meta data
  • Array Express tried requiring more structured meta data, but authors stopped submitting
  • May be possible to build a form that collects meta data while simultaneously submitting to GEO in parallel


February 13, 2020

Alliance Literature Group

  • Held first meeting on Monday, February 10th
  • Regular meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10am/1pm/6pm
  • Representatives from each group will give a brief overview of their literature pipelines before the group gets into details about deliverables
  • Question about centralized paper repository; group needs guidance from Alliance PIs on how to proceed

?Genotype class model

  • Proposal
  • Can aim to implement for WS277 but may have to wait until WS278

Genotype OA

  • Will put documentation here

WB All-Hands Meeting

  • Doodle poll
  • Any thoughts at this point? Still need to discuss with Hinxton, Toronto.