Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"

From WormBaseWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
m
 
Line 19: Line 19:
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
 
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2018|2018 Meetings]]
  
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2019|2019 Meetings]]
  
GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_2020|2020 Meetings]]
  
 +
= 2021 Meetings =
  
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_January_2021|January]]
  
= 2019 Meetings =
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_February_2021|February]]
  
== January 3, 2019 ==
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_March_2021|March]]
  
=== WS270 Citace upload ===
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_April_2021|April]]
* Next Tuesday, Jan 8th, 10am Pacific
 
  
=== Gene descriptions ===
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_May_2021|May]]
* Valerio generated new files to ignore/filter-out problematic genes
 
* Still need to validate new pipeline
 
* Barring any major issues, will submit new files for WS270 (can load old files if needed)
 
* Maybe should define a test set (random sample) to test each release? Already have a test set
 
  
=== Protege Tutorial ===
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_June_2021|June]]
* Doodle poll open: https://doodle.com/poll/kn49rd3rggymn68g
 
* Please fill out poll if you are interested in attending; have responses from Kimberly and Gary S.
 
  
 +
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_July_2021|July]]
  
==January 11th, 2019==
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_August_2021|August]]
  
===WB workshop at IWM 2019===
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_September_2021|September]]
Here's a draft, need to finalize as Jan 15th is the deadline
 
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
 
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
 
white-space: -pre-wrap;
 
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
 
word-wrap: break-word">
 
Possible Title 1: Data in WormBase and how to query it
 
Possible Title 2: WormBase 2019 - Data, Tools and Community Curation
 
This workshop will be an interactive session with users in order to discuss the types of data in WormBase and how to query them using the right tools.  We will discuss recent changes to WormBase community annotation forms and how to use them to contribute data to WormBase.  We will also present updates to ParaSite, a portal to parasitic worm genomic data, and how to find cross-species data at the Alliance of Genome Research.
 
  
1:00 pm 
 
Keep your widgets open: a wealth of gene-related data on the gene page
 
(This will be a quick walk-through of the gene page for orienting Users before we jump into the tools; can point to data related to Gene function, expression and disease models) - Ranjana Kishore
 
     
 
1:10 pm 
 
Use the right tool for the right data:
 
Get simple lists using SimpleMine - Wen Chen
 
Tissue enrichment analysis tools - Kimberly Van Auken
 
Tools for RNA seq data - Wen Chen
 
Get batch gene data using the WormBase Ontology Browser - Raymond Lee
 
Get the big picture: visualize annotations using the SOBA tool -Raymond Lee
 
     
 
1.50 pm  WormBase ParaSite: Exploring lots of genomes - Kevin Howe
 
  
2.00 pm  Find cross-species data at the Alliance of Genome Research - Chris Grove
+
== October 14, 2021 ==
  
2.10 pm  Be a Community Curator: submit your data to WormBase - Daniela Raciti
+
=== WormBase HD YouTube channel has ads ===
 +
* Is there a way to turn them off? Seems like we cannot remove them entirely
  
2.10-2.30pm. Open forum for questions
+
=== Form headers and footers no longer updating ===
</pre>
+
* WS version number falls out of date; Juancarlos will manually update
  
=== Finalize Protege tutorial time ===
+
== October 21, 2021 ==
* Best final options:
+
 
** Wed, Jan 16th, 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern
+
=== Next Upload ===
** Thurs, Jan 17th, 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern
+
* Probably before the Holidays, will discuss again next conference call
** Thurs, Jan 17th, 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern
+
 
* Propose we go with Wed, Jan 16th, 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern
+
=== Chen webinar ===
 +
* Good to have an in person meeting
 +
* Paul will check if it can be done remote, too
 +
* Raymond, Valerio (community curation), Wen (Simple mine)
 +
 
 +
=== Alliance literature group ===
 +
* Ceri stepping down from literature group leader, as she took on the Blue Team PO role
 +
* Who can replace her?
 +
* Writing requirements, user stories and tickets is SME or PO responsibility? Probably PO

Latest revision as of 15:53, 21 October 2021

Previous Years

2009 Meetings

2011 Meetings

2012 Meetings

2013 Meetings

2014 Meetings

2015 Meetings

2016 Meetings

2017 Meetings

2018 Meetings

2019 Meetings

2020 Meetings

2021 Meetings

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September


October 14, 2021

WormBase HD YouTube channel has ads

  • Is there a way to turn them off? Seems like we cannot remove them entirely

Form headers and footers no longer updating

  • WS version number falls out of date; Juancarlos will manually update

October 21, 2021

Next Upload

  • Probably before the Holidays, will discuss again next conference call

Chen webinar

  • Good to have an in person meeting
  • Paul will check if it can be done remote, too
  • Raymond, Valerio (community curation), Wen (Simple mine)

Alliance literature group

  • Ceri stepping down from literature group leader, as she took on the Blue Team PO role
  • Who can replace her?
  • Writing requirements, user stories and tickets is SME or PO responsibility? Probably PO