Difference between revisions of "WormBase-Caltech Weekly Calls"

From WormBaseWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
(52 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 26: Line 26:
 
= 2020 Meetings =
 
= 2020 Meetings =
  
== January 9, 2020 ==
+
[[WormBase-Caltech_Weekly_Calls_January_2020|January]]
  
=== Phenotype Curation Requests ===
 
* 1,229 emails sent Dec 3-6, 2019
 
* Received 194 annotations from 40 papers and from 37 distinct community curators
 
** 37 papers requested, 3 additional papers annotated
 
** 104 Phenotype OA annotations (from 27 papers; 25 distinct curators)
 
** 90 RNAi OA annotations (from 20 papers; 19 distinct curators)
 
* 43 bounced emails
 
** 2 resent to new addresses
 
** 5 have backup email addresses (also sent)
 
  
=== Worm Area Meetings ===
+
== February 6, 2020 ==
* Chris has (re)requested slots for WormBase for the Worcester Area Worm Meeting and the Boston Area Worm Meeting
 
* Will update group if/when a slot is assigned (probably not until Fall 2020 at the earliest)
 
  
=== Reference widget Textpresso linkouts ===
+
=== Worcester Area Worm Meeting talk ===
* Now live on WormBase, WS274
+
* Confirmed for December 2020 or February 2021
* [https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/7347 GitHub ticket]
 
* Applies to the following classes: genes, strains, variations, transgenes, constructs, anatomy terms, clones, life stages, rearrangements, molecules, processes
 
* Gene example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/gene/WBGene00022861#0d--10
 
* Strain example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/strain/WBStrain00004309#05--10
 
* Variation example: https://wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/variation/WBVar00248884#08--10
 
  
 +
=== Alaska software ===
 +
* Code developed and maintained by Joseph, but not long term solution
 +
* Raymond and Eduardo talked about taking it over
 +
* Why have a web application vs. a command-line application?
 +
** Wanted to make it easy, but also to capture meta data for WB
 +
* Should/will find out from Joseph about how hard it is to maintain the software
 +
* Maybe it could be taken over by Alliance, as RNA-Seq/Microarray meta data are getting harmonized
 +
* Expression working group working with Brian Oliver to have GEO take in more structured meta data
 +
* Array Express tried requiring more structured meta data, but authors stopped submitting
 +
* May be possible to build a form that collects meta data while simultaneously submitting to GEO in parallel
  
=== WS276 Citace upload ===
 
* Hinxton upload Jan 31, 2020
 
* Citace upload on Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020
 
  
=== Author First Pass paper ===
+
== February 13, 2020 ==
* AFP resent to Database
 
* Automated descriptions about to be sent
 
* SObA, write for micropub? One micropub on SObA and another on comparative SObA
 
  
=== Noctua/GO-CAM ===
+
=== Alliance Literature Group ===
* New version of the Noctua form released next week
+
* Held first meeting on Monday, February 10th
* Imports from WormBase?
+
* Regular meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10am/1pm/6pm
** Big push in coming months will be to pull in all manual annotations from WB into Noctua (on track)
+
* Representatives from each group will give a brief overview of their literature pipelines before the group gets into details about deliverables
** Need to work on annotation history on back end
+
* Question about centralized paper repository; group needs guidance from Alliance PIs on how to proceed
** May have face-to-face meeting in Pasadena
+
 
 +
=== ?Genotype class model ===
 +
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hP9r6BpPW3FSAeC_67FNyNq58NGp4eaXBT42Ch3gDE/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.7r3e8pg19rd8 Proposal]
 +
* Can aim to implement for WS277 but may have to wait until WS278
 +
 
 +
=== Genotype OA ===
 +
* Will put documentation [[Genotype|here]]
 +
 
 +
=== WB All-Hands Meeting ===
 +
* [https://doodle.com/poll/7f65p4ba6d88ztzt Doodle poll]
 +
* Any thoughts at this point?  Still need to discuss with Hinxton, Toronto.

Latest revision as of 19:30, 13 February 2020

Previous Years

2009 Meetings

2011 Meetings

2012 Meetings

2013 Meetings

2014 Meetings

2015 Meetings

2016 Meetings

2017 Meetings

2018 Meetings

2019 Meetings


GoToMeeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/wormbase1

2020 Meetings

January


February 6, 2020

Worcester Area Worm Meeting talk

  • Confirmed for December 2020 or February 2021

Alaska software

  • Code developed and maintained by Joseph, but not long term solution
  • Raymond and Eduardo talked about taking it over
  • Why have a web application vs. a command-line application?
    • Wanted to make it easy, but also to capture meta data for WB
  • Should/will find out from Joseph about how hard it is to maintain the software
  • Maybe it could be taken over by Alliance, as RNA-Seq/Microarray meta data are getting harmonized
  • Expression working group working with Brian Oliver to have GEO take in more structured meta data
  • Array Express tried requiring more structured meta data, but authors stopped submitting
  • May be possible to build a form that collects meta data while simultaneously submitting to GEO in parallel


February 13, 2020

Alliance Literature Group

  • Held first meeting on Monday, February 10th
  • Regular meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10am/1pm/6pm
  • Representatives from each group will give a brief overview of their literature pipelines before the group gets into details about deliverables
  • Question about centralized paper repository; group needs guidance from Alliance PIs on how to proceed

?Genotype class model

  • Proposal
  • Can aim to implement for WS277 but may have to wait until WS278

Genotype OA

  • Will put documentation here

WB All-Hands Meeting

  • Doodle poll
  • Any thoughts at this point? Still need to discuss with Hinxton, Toronto.