New release of WormBase WS183, Wormpep183 and Wormrna183 Tue Oct 16 16:18:34 BST 2007
WS183 was built by Mary Ann Tuli
This directory includes: i) database.WS183.*.tar.gz - compressed data for new release ii) models.wrm.WS183 - the latest database schema (also in above database files) iii) CHROMOSOMES/subdir - contains 3 files (DNA, GFF & AGP per chromosome) iv) WS183-WS182.dbcomp - log file reporting difference from last release v) wormpep183.tar.gz - full Wormpep distribution corresponding to WS183 vi) wormrna183.tar.gz - latest WormRNA release containing non-coding RNA's in the genome vii) confirmed_genes.WS183.gz - DNA sequences of all genes confirmed by EST &/or cDNA viii) cDNA2orf.WS183.gz - Latest set of ORF connections to each cDNA (EST, OST, mRNA) ix) gene_interpolated_map_positions.WS183.gz - Interpolated map positions for each coding/RNA gene x) clone_interpolated_map_positions.WS183.gz - Interpolated map positions for each clone xi) best_blastp_hits.WS183.gz - for each C. elegans WormPep protein, lists Best blastp match to
human, fly, yeast, C. briggsae, and SwissProt & TrEMBL proteins.
xii) best_blastp_hits_brigprot.WS183.gz - for each C. briggsae protein, lists Best blastp match to
human, fly, yeast, C. elegans, and SwissProt & TrEMBL proteins.
xiii) geneIDs.WS183.gz - list of all current gene identifiers with CGC & molecular names (when known) xiv) PCR_product2gene.WS183.gz - Mappings between PCR products and overlapping Genes
Release notes on the web:
Genome sequence composition:
WS183 WS182 change
a 32365949 32365949 +0 c 17779887 17779887 +0 g 17756036 17756036 +0 t 32365750 32365750 +0 n 0 0 +0 - 0 0 +0
Total 100267622 100267622 +0
There are no changes to the chromosome sequences in this release.
Gene data set (Live C.elegans genes 29520)
Molecular_info 27811 (94.2%) Concise_description 4942 (16.7%) Reference 7350 (24.9%) WormBase_approved Gene name 14801 (50.1%) RNAi_result 20694 (70.1%) Microarray_results 19937 (67.5%) SAGE_transcript 18668 (63.2%)
Wormpep data set:
There are 20155 CDS in autoace, 23541 when counting 3386 alternate splice forms.
The 23541 sequences contain base pairs in total.
Modified entries 37 Deleted entries 81 New entries 25 Reappeared entries 0
Net change -56 The differnce between the total CDS's of this (23541) and the last build (23523) does not equal the net change -56 Please investigate! !
Status of entries: Confidence level of prediction (based on the amount of transcript evidence)
Confirmed 8153 (34.6%) Every base of every exon has transcription evidence (mRNA, EST etc.) Partially_confirmed 10990 (46.7%) Some, but not all exon bases are covered by transcript evidence Predicted 4398 (18.7%) No transcriptional evidence at all
Status of entries: Protein Accessions
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot accessions 3608 (15.3%) UniProtKB/TrEMBL accessions 19671 (83.6%)
Status of entries: Protein_ID's in EMBL
Protein_id 23279 (98.9%)
Gene <-> CDS,Transcript,Pseudogene connections (WormBase-approved)
Entries with WormBase-approved Gene name 17151
GeneModel correction progress WS182 -> WS183
Confirmed introns not in a CDS gene model;
+---------+--------+ | Introns | Change | +---------+--------+ Cambridge | 241 | 72 | St Louis | 832 | 143 | +---------+--------+
Members of known repeat families that overlap predicted exons;
+---------+--------+ | Repeats | Change | +---------+--------+ Cambridge | 6 | 0 | St Louis | 6 | 0 | +---------+--------+
Synchronisation with GenBank / EMBL:
No synchronisation issues
There are no gaps remaining in the genome sequence
For more info mail firstname.lastname@example.org -===================================================================================-
1) 50,906 new SNPs submitted to St. Louis
2) The first copy number variant (CNV) data generated by array Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH) has been submitted to WormBase from The University of British Columbia, Vancouver Gene Knockout Laboratory.
3) We have assigned nearly 4000 approved gene names to non C.elegans genes (mainly C.briggsae).
4) We have updated the other-nematode ESTs used for BLATing using data from EMBL Release 91 (31-May-2007).
5) We have updated the RefSeq mapping.
6) We have added RST (RACE Sequence Tags) to the Splice_confirmation hash.
Genome sequence updates:
Proposed Changes / Forthcoming Data:
Forthcoming model changes
1) Removed UNIQUE from these lines ?Feature History Acquires_merge UNIQUE ?Feature XREF Merged_into #Evidence
2) ?Operon History Acquires_merge UNIQUE ?Operon XREF Merged_into #Evidence Split_into UNIQUE ?Operon XREF Split_from #Evidence
3) Two new #Molecular_change subtags: a) Regulatory_feature #Evidence // for cases where it overlaps a known feature b) Genomic_neigborhood Text #Evidence // where it is in the "region" of a gene and might influence it
1) added RST to Splice_confirmation hash
Quick installation guide for UNIX/Linux systems
1. Create a new directory to contain your copy of WormBase, e.g. /users/yourname/wormbase
2. Unpack and untar all of the database.*.tar.gz files into this directory. You will need approximately 2-3 Gb of disk space.
3. Obtain and install a suitable acedb binary for your system (available from www.acedb.org).
4. Use the acedb 'xace' program to open your database, e.g. type 'xace /users/yourname/wormbase' at the command prompt.
5. See the acedb website for more information about acedb and using xace.
____________ END _____________