WBConfCall 2021.02.18-Agenda and Minutes
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 16:27, 18 February 2021 by Rkishore (→IWM 2021 WB workshop proposal (deadline Feb 26th))
- WBPaper00026596.ce.mr.csv content incorrect: https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/8101
Agenda and Minutes
Upcoming WB Webinars
- Monday, Feb. 22 - Data mining strategies and workflows
- Friday, Feb. 26 - Author First Pass and Textpresso
- What information do we have about registrants?
Cengen-de web app online
IWM 2021 WB workshop proposal (deadline Feb 26th)
Will be held June 21-24, 2021.
- Potential Topics:
- Alliance/Future of WormBase
- Data types in WB
- Gene related/biological data (curation decisions, what's excluded, why, time frames,etc)
- Genomic data (data related to species, assemblies, gene model curation etc)
- Data mining tools
Alliance not minting Identifiers for References (papers)
- At the technical planning call 2021 02 17, most everyone did not want to mint Alliance identifiers going forward (and they had good reasons for it), hoping we could make do with PMIDs and DOIs.
- Does anyone know the standard for what can get a DOI ? (e.g. can Personal communication get a DOI ?)
- If some WB Papers cannot get DOIs. Does something have to exist as an Alliance Reference to be attached as evidence, or could we have a different datatype for things that don't qualify for a DOI? (In which case, we'd have to mint IDs for those, so may as well call them References ?)