WBConfCall 2020.10.15-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Webinar registration: each session got 92 - 129 signups (by 8am PDT on 10/15).
- Webinar announcement posted on WB Blog/Twitter, Worm FB & Slack channel.
- Over a dozen WB patrons are helping us by promoting the webinars on their social media and local email lists (SF, Toronto, Colorado, NY Upstate, Michigan, Maryland, Harvard/Longwood ...)
- Person ID autocomplete function failed. 3 confirmation emails were bounced back. Wen looked up their contact info online and forwarded the confirmation email to the correct email addresses.
- Caltech Zoom will accommodate 300 participants
- Do we need more promotion? (Other regional email lists, MicroPub email list ?)
- one week since announcement sent
- >100 RSVPs for several of meetings
- CG: should do a trial run on Zoom
- KY: microPub has hosted some meetings
- TH: Presenter shouldn’t also be the stage manager
- KY: Maybe a sign up sheet for each meeting for different roles?
- Continue promotion via email, SM, etc
- Discussion on organizing the Zoom meeting
- TH: Perhaps an introduction
- How to handle chat?
- Monitoring, selecting, repeating, and sending to the presenter
- Replying in person in the chat
- Practice session
- Wen will send out invite for practice session