WBConfCall 2020.08.06-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- No outstanding issues
New WB tables prototype (Sibyl)
- Earlier this summer, we started rewriting the shared table component that forms the basis of all tables on WormBase website. The motivation was to address limitations to the existing table component, including difficulties creating custom behaviour for individual tables, and relying on Flash technology (which now has poor browser support).
- Hitonari Sato, a student participating in the Google Summer of Code, has been working on this project, mentored by Juancarlos and me. Chris also offered ideas (Thanks Chris!).
- Here are a series of example tables found in Phenotype, Expression, and Homology widgets of the gene pages: http://dev.wormbase.org:9009/?path=/story/table-widgets-phenotypes-phenotype--daf-8 The left sidebar lets you navigate between different examples.
- Prototype for the table search box that I hope to integrate with the tables. It supports keyword search as well as filtering per property/column: http://dev.wormbase.org:9009/?path=/story/misc-table-filter-combo-box--phenotype-abi-1 Thoughts on that are very appreciated
- This work is still ongoing. Feature, such as links, expandable details, and horizontal scroll on small screens, will be added soon.