WBConfCall 2020.04.02-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Agenda and Minutes
Adding strain genotype information
- Having strains with only an ID is not useful, without the genotype
- Easy to add the genotype information when a curator is reading the paper, and to do it at the same time as request for the ID
- Not efficient to have to e-mail and then wait for this to be added
- Where do we fill in the genotype info?
- Any development beyond the current system will be an additional project
- We can currently use the free text box, when Hinxton retrieves the objects from the name service, it performs a string match on e.g. genes, Papers, etc..
- This is suboptimal but is a fix for now
- Kevin: need to flash out the requirements for the next phase of development (Caltech, Hinxton, Sibyl)
- Kevin asking what was the need of an extra CGI, Juancarlos explained the reason, i.e. having objects promptly available in the OA
- Raymond: need for a staging and test environment? Todd: this is in motion
- How are strains entered in geneace? Genotype is free text, but should follow nomenclature.
Evidence and Conclusion Ontology in WB
- In preparation for the new GO file formats, GPAD/GPI 2.0, we'll need to incorporate the Evidence and Conclusion Ontology (ECO) into WB
- Working on a model for ECO in WB
- This would replace ?GO_code in the ?GO_annotation model
- Other models use ?GO_code - do we want to switch them to ?ECO_code at some point as well?
- Where can i find the upstream and downstream limits for a gene? #7651 and #7652. College assignment
- Maureen Barr's question about protein coding genes with known function; can this be closed?
- I responded to Maureen with some of the ideas/thoughts we had when we discussed this on a previous call. I haven't heard back from her, but thought it might be a good idea to keep the ticket open as it raised an interesting issue that might be worthwhile future work for WB. Okay to close, though, if people would prefer that.