WBConfCall 2020.03.05-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Agenda & Minutes
- Hinxton attendance in doubt
- EMBL Coronavirus guidelines: do not plan any unavoidable travel
- Could important subsets of the agenda be done virually
- Paul S: Travel looks like it's going to slow down due to restrictions
- We should consider how to do the meeting remotely/virtually
- Maybe we can do a conference call late March or early April
- Could try one topic per day 2-3 hours each time (early for California, late for UK)
- Will take some discipline and focus, but we can get it done
- Taxis can be arranged for travel after public transport hours (still a lot cheaper than trans-Atlantic flights)
WS277 data freeze
- When will the schema be released?
- Scheduled for 13th March
- Upload 3rd April
- Can be flexible and push back by a week if required.
- Several Caltech curators may take March 30 - April 3 off due to school break
- Will WS276 go to FTP site this weekend?
- There have been some delays, so probably won't be up until next week sometime (definitely up by March 13)
- The following 3 items are linked and the Gene has been named and a new lab created:
- Has anyone replied to Padhu Padmanabhan (email Feb 4)? - Yes Paul D. replied on the 4th directing them to the genenames list
- Asked about indicating Y53C10A.5 as having plasmanylethanolamine delta-1-desaturase (EC 220.127.116.11) activity - Can be closed
- Has anyone replied to Montserrat Elías regarding naming of same gene, Y53C10A.5? - This name has been agreed by Tim S. and the issue can be closed.
- Unsure on this:
- Could this be added as a GO MF (GO:0050207)?
- CGC bad WB link URL; can this be closed?
- Maureen Barr's question about protein coding genes with known function; can this be closed?
- Setting up local instance of JBrowse; can this be closed?
- From thread on Slack, "general" channel
- Karen asked about getting WB IDs for rearrangements (they currently do not get serial IDs)
- Todd suggested rolling them into the WBVariation class
- Rearrangement class model doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zntv3UA30dYxyf0MLKgZnThlFMPdTJ_wOokD06vdxss/edit?usp=sharing
Nameserver-to-Caltech info transmission
- Caltech curators would like quick turn around when requesting names/IDs
- Currently relies on a nightly cronjob to dump GeneACE to Caltech Postgres database
- Caltech can create a local CGI to immediately update Postgres/OA with new terms before nightly dump occurs
- Is there an effective mechanism to make updates to Caltech Postgres/OA as immediately as possible?
- The Nameservice is available for curators to request IDs so they can immediately continue with curation.
- Extend the TempVariationObo system to all classes
- Potential for a queue system so that they get automatically added (Prototype system was added for different purpose but pulled a long time ago).
- The rest API could be used to request IDs direct from the OA meaning that they would be available immediately without relying on additional services.
Disease info changes in 6 classes
- I propose making these changes for WS278, gives us more time to revisit/change dumpers, and test the data here at Caltech (Ranjana)
- If we want to go ahead with the new ?Genotype class, that's separate and I'm fine with that (Ranjana)
Single cell expression tool
- Eduardo is looking for feedback on his tool to query C. elegans single cell expression
- Tool is here: http://de.wormcells.com/