Difference between revisions of "WBConfCall 2020.01.16-Agenda and Minutes"
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
= Minutes =
= Minutes =
Revision as of 16:52, 16 January 2020
Allele / variation curation
- Follow-up from Caltech call last week
Should the Issue Tracker be private?
Direct Message retention setting on Slack
Should we remove the ability to comment on pages?
- upload is on the 31st of January (in two weeks)
Protein domains FTP file only has Interpro domains
- The "protein_domains" file, for example here only has Interpro domains
- Can we add all domains from all sources (e.g. PFAM, SUPERFAM, SMART etc.)?
- Hinxton has made it a priority to get the Micropub alleles curated
- Karen puts in alleles in the name server with paperID, these will be prioritized as well
- AGR wide focus on allele curation, so give this high priority
- Kevin is on the AGR Variation working group, WB are ahead in terms of sequence curation and have doing it for years
- Use case is groups such as the UDN who come in with a human variant, we need to begin work on this. Need displays to map human variant to MOD variant
- With data with co ordiantes, we have flanking sequences, we have the chromosome sequnce, WB has both
- What is the backlog? Hinxton can allocate resources to this--Gary Williams can switch from gene to allele curation
- Caltech system has papers flagged with variation, Hinxton has this as 'pending curation'