WBConfCall 2017.01.19-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
2017 consortium meeting plans
- AGR (and potential for an "all hands" meeting in the Summer) has disrupted normal plans
- Will there be an Advisory Board Meeting in 2017?
- Before AGR, next one was mooted for Spring (at OICR)
- Will there be (near)whole group attendance at the International Worm Meeting?
- If there is insufficient funds due to AGR meeting(s), could we apply for additional funds (where?) as a one-off?
- Flights (for those coming from the UK) are cheaper if booked further in advance (i.e. cost of the trip will be lower if we make a decision soon)
- Alternatively: Could we lobby for AGR all-hands meeting to be immediately before/after IWM, to maximise opportunity to attend?
- Although: two short(er) trips (vs. one long trip) may be easier/preferable for people with families or other responsibilities
Planning for WS259 release and beyond
- Ideally, need to avoid production/release close to IWM
- Any updates on portal 0.3 and working groups
Switching to GoToMeeting
- https://www.gotomeet.me/... (last bit specific)