WBConfCall 2017-09-06-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Agenda and Minutes
- Welcome new Caltech curator, Jae Cho
RRID - Karen and Mary Ann
- User asking for advice on creating RRIDs for strains.
- Should have a guide for users Here
- And add to nomenclature guidelines
- Karen does not support their use except maybe for objects which do not have unique IDs (e.g antibodies)
- Their use in publication is optional
- Should be discussed within AGR
- Quite a few of the AGR "Founders" are submitting starin data to RRID
- User needs WormBase official response.
- Minutes from site-wide meeting 10-Dec-2015 state "WormBase supports this project and will work with Anita and Aric to enable them to get the info they need from WB."
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R6j3sDROikjqtJBDRDu7Yf8uBuKnfTgzywBRRW60ia8/edit#gid=0 states RRID has been deprecated for CGC and they will use WBids. Not sure when this was added.
- CGC used to supply data as well as WB......this was seen as counterproductive seeing as we take the CGC strains....WB became the sole supplier of C. elegans strain data to RRID.
- We currently don't index the RRIDs or provide link out - Should we?
Conclusion: Raise issue with AGR.
Grant Renewal Update
Annotation of Multiple Point Mutations (CRISPR) Mary Ann
- Tim asked to raise this again.
- Examples: http://staging.wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/variation/WBVar02147647#02-4538-10 (nb some widgets broken, see Remark in Tree Display http://staging.wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/variation/WBVar02147646#02-4538-10 http://www.wormbase.org/species/c_elegans/variation/WBVar02145299#0657942--10
Build Schedule for the Remainder of 2017
- Release schedule
- WS262 - Data freeze/upload - September 22nd
- WS263 - Data freeze/upload - November 17th