WBConfCall 2016.07.21-Agenda and Minutes
we are updating the NameDB hardware on Tuesday morning, so it will be out of action from 9am-12pm(BST) / 1am-4am(LA time).
Conference call services (June 16)
TAGC reports (Karen, Daniella, Todd)
Daniela and Karen are on vacation, reports from us will have to wait until next week.
- *MP*: Need to move the nameserver to new hardware
- Requires a few hours to setup
- *KH*: will probably be one of first things to move as part of migration.
Conference call services
BlueJeans too expensive, but maybe be able to use AGR. Wait a few months and revisit.
- *PD*: No models proposals to date.
- proposals for WS256 due 29 July 2016
- can push if necessary
- *CG*: Considering new model for objectifying phenotype annotations*
- now mostly stored in hash
- RNAi uses standalone phenotype, considering similar approach
- *RK* Considering expansion of ?Disease*
- similar to GO info
- we currently do not capture all details of the experiment (variations, transgenes, molecules, etc)
- *KH* GO annotation model a slight outlier from our current models in order to support GAF
- *PS* Suggesting to RK to start with desired GAF output and work backwards
- common output: GAF format
- *PS*: disease modeling top priority for joint alliance.
- *PS* Review of bigger scheme of things
- Collins response to petition
- 1. Will have meeting in fall with community represenatives to make sure MODs still meeting needs in face of AGR
- 2. Cuts not carved in stone
- 3. Paying attention to MODs and that they will have a home
- Interactions with MODs
- Discussions about infrastructure
- ... (sorry was trying to participate ... add notes/comments if you have)
- *PS* Have internal discussion at WormBase on implementation
- Also, PI discussion about how to get started
- FlyBase ad experiment
- *PS* Supplement went in yesterday
- Process and thought that went in as important as the document itself
- Need to deliver on cross-MOD querying
- *LS* InterMOD does basically deliver that, more or less.
- Web designer helping out next few weeks: Miyuki, web designer @ OICR for 5 years
- will be helping out with usability and design
- working with Sibyl to implement UI changes