WBConfCall 2016.04.07-Agenda and Minutes
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
1. UMOD - form a common work portal
- Todd will create a widget category file.
- Besides the google doc for all curation efforts, UMOD also need a technology catalog so that developers know what softwares are used by other MODs and they can work together.
- Will all data be together in UMOD? Depends on data type and web performance requirement. Each data type may vary.
- Need to figure out how to get other databases to help WB, instead of we do more and more work for others (such as Textpresso ... ). Long term goal: Other MODs can help us with maintaining infrastructual so that web team staff can take vacations. They can also help develop new web tools. Short term goal: get low hanging fruits first (SPELL, ModSEEK ...)
2. UMOD - challenges
- Level of commitment of working together
- paper-by-paper or data-type oriented curation pipeline. Eventually data-type oriented will be the solution because of automated curation and community curation.
- Paul will have phone calls with PIs in other MODs on 4/8. Curators can contact their correspondents in other MODs after Paul's phone calls.
3. Crisper design tool
- Sternberg Lab has been using the MIT tool.Can UMOD design a common tool for all species?
- Kevin and Todd will work on this.
4. Intermod/Intermine project
- Gives more work for WormMine team because it changes general work flow, but will help software update in the future.
5. Biocurator meeting
- Mary Ann will run a workshop for community curation
- Kimberly will give a talk about Textpresso central and mining, also have a workshop on GO curation and LEGO.
- start to be widely adopted. SGD uses JBrowse. Most of large MODs use GBrowse along with JBrowse.
7. WS254 model frozen.
- Paul Davis will send out a link with all the model changes in WS254.