WBConfCall 2016.02.18-Agenda and Minutes
- can we use space on the front page to announce gene name changes and newly named genes
- are there other data that should be announced or highlighted?
Homage to Bob Edgar
(originator of the WormBreeder's Gazette among other things), his passing was announced yesterday, can/should something be posted on the blog or the front page. Perhaps we can put an SOP in place for announcing such news about our Community members- of course this can include retirement and new lab PI's?
Matthew Russell has started at EBI, working on the Datomic migration project
Outstanding help requests
I don't really know what this means, re RNAi: https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/4589
Some 500 errors that are likely transient:
1. For Gene name changes per release, we need a prominent link on the front page as there's much interest and confusion in the field. Release notes too.
- Includes gene name updates in release notes.
- Included in WS build process.
- Names of core species.
- Creates a ticket for this.
2. Ticket 4562 Blast 500 error could be caused by special characters in header.