WBConfCall 2013.07.18-Agenda and Minutes
Models If anyone wants to discuss anything, but nothing from Me (Paul D.)
Progress on Ontology Browsing
specifications: - given a goid, generate an svg graph with clickable nodes and make a separate html table of children if there's too many. - code is ~120 lines of perl - using GraphViz to generate an SVG with clickable links to other nodes in the graph. - using JSON to parse the json from berkeleybop - using LWP::Simple to get xml from berkeleybop - currently limiting graph to 5 children, and suppressing GOIDs - arrows in graph follow colours used by amigo
- Can anyone make templates public?
- If not, should WB curators still be using the staff account to edit or publish templates?
- It would be helpful, for coordinating helpdesk responses, if we could assign issues to specific people.
- Either ourselves if we've picked up an issue to answer or...
- Someone else, which the helpdesk officer could do as part of their duties.
- I think this would help eliminate redundant efforts and/or responses and allow people to check to see if an issue is already claimed by someone before they start working on a reply.
- We have a list of people and their responsibilities, but perhaps a more granular list for internal helpdesk purposes would be useful:
Outstanding Helpdesk Issues
Since we didn't have a call on the 4th, I checked over the last month's worth of helpdesk issues.
Here are the issues that are still open, a brief summary, and anyone who's commented. Please check and close an issue if you can.
Also, issues that we haven't responded to at all are in bold.
- 1437 - still working on it- ky xEs12400 Vancouver large-scale strains and trangenes - Karen, Wen
- 1438 - RNASeq data access errors in GBrowse- needs help from GBrowse Dev, WebTeam or Hinxton?-ky Died links - Karen
- 1443 - BLAST with WS235 - Joachim, Chris
- 1462 - BLAST with suum - Kevin, Abby, Joachim
- 1466 - Multiple sequence alignments
- 1471 - Mary Ann proposed a solution through non-git e-mails (now pasted into git). Requires further discussion with curation group-ky n765 is lin-15AB - Karen
- 1484 - Download table from Interaction widget - Chris
- 1487 - Genome Browser images larger than 1024 pixels
- 1488 - had been moved to Helped-ky New widget on Process page - Karen
- 1500 - Genes in region of genetic map - Raymond
- 1511 - still working on it-ky Moving bacterial strain genotype - Karen, Mary Ann
- 1512 - Download list of Other_names - Wen, Chris, JD
- 1514 - Follow selected genes automatically via email
- 1517 - GBrowse exports out of frame
- 1518 - Follow up to 1517, only minus strand
- 1519 - Orthologs in WormMine - JD, Todd, Michael P.
- 1531 - Inline chat - Todd, Abby
- 1541 - Multiword string search Paper class - Michael P., Xiaodong, Karen, Kimberly, Abby
- 1556 - Widget placement and size - Kimberly, Abby
- 1557 - WormMine - unrecognized genes in list - Raymond, Chris
- 1563 - sp11 Downloads - Kimberly, Chris
- 1564 - BLAST/BLAT - Paul D., Joachim, Kimberly
- 1572 - Query Contains widget - Mary Ann, Todd,
- 1582 - Oliver - Submitting consecutive questions