Difference between revisions of "User Guide/SObA"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
=== List of terms ===
=== List of terms ===
With the results of an enrichment analysis, you can draw a SObA graph.
With the results of an enrichment analysis, you can draw a SObA graph. Enter a list of ontology terms and their associated statistical (correct-P or Q) value into the text box. The input be in the table format, ontology term and Q value , respectively. The first column must be terms of the same ontology. The second column is optional.
Enter a list of ontology terms
Revision as of 20:59, 25 October 2019
What is a SObA graph?
Summary of Ontology-based Annotations (SObA)
SObA provides an abridged, summary view of a full ontology graph, trimmed based on annotations and hierarchical relationships.
For inference reasoning, we follow that defined by GO Relations where "is a", "part of", and "regulates" are included in inference.
Starting with the full ontology graph, we edit the graph by:
- (A) removing all nodes (and their edges) that do not carry any (direct or inferred) annotations;
- (B) removing all nodes that do not have direct (as opposed to inferred) annotations unless they are the lowest common ancestral nodes of two or more descending nodes (lowest common ancestor, LCA);
- (C) applying transitive reduction by removing all paths between a pair of nodes unless they are the longest paths;
- (D) reducing hierarchy depth to focus on broader aspects of ontology (top slicing as a user option).
- (E) scaling node sizes based on the relative number of annotations that each node carries to indicate possible relative importance.
Using SObA graph
1. zoom and move nodes around. 2. Select a node or edge for specific information. 3. "Save Image" turns the graph into a high resolution PNG file. 4. Node size scaling may be removed by ticking "Uniform". 5. Displayed graph depth may be set at will (Maximum Depth). 6. Graph display may be faceted by evidence types or ontology aspects (GO only).
Types of SObA graph
SObA single gene graph presents the ontology annotations of a single gene
Pair of genes
SObA paired genes combines and compares ontology annotations of a pair of genes
List of terms
With the results of an enrichment analysis, you can draw a SObA graph. Enter a list of ontology terms and their associated statistical (correct-P or Q) value into the text box. The input may be in the two-column table format, ontology term and Q value as the columns, respectively. The first column must be terms of the same ontology. The second column is optional.