The Caenorhabditis Genetics Center (CGC) is supported by the National Institutes of Health - National Center for Research Resources. The CGC has been in operation since 1978, first at the University of Missouri, Columbia and since 1992 at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Ann Rougvie is the director; Theresa Stiernagle is the curator. The CGC collects, maintains, and distributes stocks of C. elegans.
- How to order strains
- CGC strain list (searchable‚ takes you to WormBase).
- Recent additions to the CGC strain collection (may contain strains not yet listed in Wormbase).
- Strain list: one big text file (may contain strains not yet listed in Wormbase).
- Sending strains to the CGC
- Wild Caenorhabditis strains
- Non-Caenorhabditis species
- Acknowledging the CGC