From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Curating New Strain objects
Curators can add new strains that they find in literature and external data sets by following this simple check list.
- Check the following file for existence of names which may appear as Other_name: ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/consortia/wormbase/STAFF/mh6/nightly_geneace/
- Preferred: Create a ticket in the github issues system: https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/new
and assign Paul Davis and include the WBPaper
- Enter the new strain in the New Objects form: http://tazendra.caltech.edu/~postgres/cgi-bin/new_objects.cgi?action=Update+Strains+%21
- If your strain isn't assigned then email Paul Davis
- Paul will curate the Strain in Geneace.
- The new strain object will appear in the overnight geneace strain dump : ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/consortia/wormbase/STAFF/mh6/nightly_geneace/
- The reason for a 'reject' will be conveyed to the curator who requested the new strain.
- Once approved or rejected the OA curator should remove the object from the requested strain field in the OA, which removes it from the New Objects form.