There are two simple search boxes on WormMine's home page, one on the right of the tab bar and one just below it. Both boxes generate similar results and any term can be searched, such as:
- WormBase gene IDs, i.e. WBGene00000001
- Sequence ID, i.e. Y110A7A.10
- CDS Id, i.e. CDS:Y110A7A.10
- Gene symbol, i.e. aap-1
- GO term IDs, i.e. GO:000001
- Keywords, i.e. kinase, homeobox
Boolean searches (AND, OR, AND NOT, etc., all caps) and wildcards (*) are also available for some search terms, i.e. encodes AND homeobox, worm AND NOT embryo, kin*, among other possibilities.
The result page will display all items related to the term searched, be it a gene, a CDS, a transcript, a protein, etc, and most of the links will lead to a WormBase main site pages for a more detailed perspective on the item.