- 1 About Groups at WormBase
- 1.1 Public Mailing Lists
- 1.2 Internal Mailing Lists
- 1.3 Archives
About Groups at WormBase
WormBase uses Google Groups to unite all of our mailing lists in a single place. You can find a list of all WormBase mailing lists at:
Public Mailing Lists
Announcements of general interest to the community, including new features and data releases (low volume).
Help & Feedback
Where to send requests for help, including a searchable archive. Although this is an unrestricted mailing list, heavy filtering is used to control the amount of spam passing through the list.
Technical discussions among the WormBase developers and interested parties (high volume). Subscription by invitation.
Internal Mailing Lists
The following lists are open only to member of the WormBase Consortium.
A private mailing list for the members of the WormBase Consortium. This is the primary mailing list for internal project discussion.
Technical discussions among the WormBase developers regarding the data model (high volume). Subscription by invitation.
A private mailing list for the sequence curators at WormBase.
A private mailing list used by curators for the assignment of new gene names.
Creating your own discussion group
With a wormbase.org account, you can create your own discussion group. See the Groups index page for details. This is great for one-off projects requiring email discussion.
Archives prior to November 2010
- wormbase-dev (private)
- wormbase-models (private)
- wormbase-staff (private)
- genenames (private)
- seqcur (private)
Archives prior to December 2007
- wormbase-announce archives
- wormbase-help archives (username: wormbase password: wormbase)
- wormbase-dev archives (password required)
- WormBase CVS commit messages (password required)
- wormbase-models archive (password required)
- wormbase-staff archive (password required)
- seqcur archive (password required)