Data mining:WormMart:Example 1 new
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 03:23, 24 September 2007 by Tharris (New page: === Example 1: List all synonyms for the following genes; bli-1, egl-43, lag-1 === * Start a new WormMart query: [http://dev.wormbase.org/biomart/martview [HERE]]. * Select the '''curren...)
Example 1: List all synonyms for the following genes; bli-1, egl-43, lag-1
- Start a new WormMart query: [HERE].
- Select the current WormBase release, and the Gene dataset from the options.
- Click the filters node on the left panel, expand the identification section, select the [Gene] Public/CGC name option from [Gene] ID(s) of Type, and paste bli-1,egl-43,lag-1 into the text box.
- If you click the count button in the top menu you should see that there are three genes returned by the query.
- Click the attributes node on the left panel, expand the identification section and enable the Gene Names (merged) attribute in addition to the default attributes that are already selected.
- On clicking the results button in the top menu the results should be displayed, as shown [HERE]