- 1 May 9 2017
- 2 May 2 2017
- 3 April
- 4 April 25 2017
- 5 April 11 2017
- 6 April 4 2017
- 7 March
- 8 2106 meetings
May 9 2017
- LoS for Coko
- Update from Paul (Mike Stebbins)
- Action plan
- depending on IF and WHEN we will need to submit a proposal for Arnold:
- submit same proposal if U01 is turned down? will need to expand - talk openly with Mike Stebbins and disclose that we are waiting on the NIH response and will tailor the Arnold proposal accordingly? - if Coko gets the Arnold grant and we don’t, would they still build our infrastructure
Micropublication form updates
- Added suggested reviewer field
- Added title field
- Added ISH
- Veena Prahlad (reviewer of a previous micropub) wants to submit smFISH data
Website views post blog
- Still increase of website views
- will send examples as soon as we get data not shown/unpublished for their journals
- Todd can we prioritize this?
- Stebbins cancelled the meeting, we'll see if we hear back
May 2 2017
- Gave us the OK to publish 'unpublished data' - do not specifically mention data not shown, which was in the original request
- they'd like to link back to our Database and propose 2 options:
- 1. Banner linking as already established with Wormbase. Nonetheless, this is general (only Wormbase banner appearing on ScienceDirect) and if not already linked to Wormbase, the article will have to be re-supplied on our end, which means a very manual and time costly process.
- 2. Evolving article feature. This feature will allow to host on our platform a specific PDF containing the additional information and links to it, that will be visualized as an additional pdf that readers can download when downloading the original article. See an example here: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1755436514000607 . It is still a manual process at the moment, but it does not involve re-supplying of the article.
- Shall we opt for the banner linking one?
- We met with Chris and Trisha (Knudra) and they will prepare a micropub submission, they will also reach out to their customers and see if they can supply one, too.
- they (and Matt Beaudet from Nemametrix) gave suggestions for the booklet, Matt strongly supports having PDFs versions of the articles in the booklet, even if hard to read. Chris from Knudra said they could provide magnifying glasses as swag
- Booklet link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MpxxYIxZ6eBXxWDmm8UuoHS244DBA9EAJb0AexFM1oM/edit#slide=id.p6
- We posted a call for expression data on the blog on Friday
- Since the post page views of micropublication biology have increased (from ~70-80 unique visitors per week to 115)
- Todd please correct misspelling in the mailing list
- Han will submit 2 micros by the end of next week
- we will request to go with the banner linking option
- Better to have the pdf in one page other than spread over 2 pages
- Todd fixed it
- Todd contacted Jorgensen, no response yet
- Tim: plan for making the micropub easily found on the wormbase web homepage
- Add a button on Wormbase called Micropublication: biology linking to website -between submit data and Parasite
- Arnold's foundation VP want to chat with Paul about micropubs
- Daniela will remove links to WBPapers that are not live in WormBase yet
- will meet next week, if no major updates will schedule in 2 weeks
April 25 2017
Data not shown
4 major publishers responded that is ok to publish data not shown or unpublished results:
- The Company of Biologists (Publisher of Development, Disease Models and Mech, Journal of Cell Science, J Exp Biol)
- American Society of Cell Biology (Publisher of Mol Biol Cell)
- American Society of Microbiology (Publisher of Mol Cell Biol)
Waiting for Elsevier's final reply. They did not see anything wrong with it but they will double check with other colleagues.
It seems safe to continue to request data not shown unpublished results as micropubs for the journals above
- booklet link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MpxxYIxZ6eBXxWDmm8UuoHS244DBA9EAJb0AexFM1oM/edit
Summary of Karen's discussion with Knudra/Nemametrix
- NemaMetrix would love to sponsor the printing of the micropub book up to $1K
- NemaMetrix and Knudra would love to have a "double "full page" ad in the booklet
- To maximize the impact of the micropub book distribution we would love to support you in following a standard 3,2,1 marketing launch (3 emails go out letting people know to be expecting the micropub book at the conference). These would be the strongest if they all came from WormBase but we can also support that with NemaMetrix and Knudra email lists
- We would be happy to add the 'micropub book' onto our daily giveaway raffle helping to drive traffic to your booth
- We would also be happy to participate in any follow-on activity such as surveys, etc.
- shall we have a raffle and give prizes to people that try to use the form? e.g. 2x 20$ amazon vouchers
- shall we have an extra swag to give away?
mini flashlight tool
- Todd, can the e-mail address email@example.com be used from users to contact us? I tried to send an e-mail from my caltech account but the group seem not be open to posting
- Han Wang (Paul's lab) will submit 2 micropubs, 1) novel good alleles for known genes that were recovered from forward genetic screens (allele phenotype info) 2) Gal4 drivers mapping information
- Karen and Daniela will have a meeting with Knudra this coming Thursday to get a submission from them
Data not shown
- Focus on journals for which we have got the OK
- Will send urls back to publishers when 'data not shown' will be published on micropublication biology
- Aim on publishing 1500 booklets
- Before the meeting we should advertise the project -and booklet- on WormBase: i)Blog post ii)Booklet Preview on the front page
- How we can make it valuable? We will have a daily raffle- 20$ Amazon voucher/day for people that try to submit
- for the raffle: 1) fake data -> 1 entry in the raffle 2) real data -> 100 entries in the raffle
- no extra swag
- we will have a banner
- Todd will make the firstname.lastname@example.org account public
- Todd will contact Erik M. Jorgensen for submission
- focus on getting few more examples out and focus on high value
April 11 2017
Agenda and Minutes
- Knudra interested in micropubs. From Chris: "..new null alleles for unc-18 that we are characterizing and would love to understand what phenotypic and genotypic observation would be worthy of micro-publication?"
- Karen will set up a meeting with Knudra to evaluate what kind of metadata they want to provide. Daniela reached out to Mary Ann to get an .ace example for engineered allele curation.
- IWM booklet -mock-up here: []
- We need to add a slide on what micropubs are, maybe also a couple of blank pages (notepad style to allow people to take notes during the meeting). think of having an extra swag that we will give away if people come to the booth to give their e-mail address. Add an example of how to submit.
- some ideas on swag here: https://www.4imprint.com/hot
- Before the IWM we need to add a 'Micropublish' box on the WormBase homepage (linking out to the Micropublication:biology site), so it will be easy for users to get there.
- Will talk Friday April 14th with Ruth, Tracey about Data not shown
April 4 2017
Agenda and Minutes
- modified Tim's minipub to include micropubs
- trial version here: http://www.micropublicationbiology.org/minipub-kocsisova-et-al-2017.html
- expression micropubs here: http://www.micropublicationbiology.org/expression-data--tim.html
- phenotype micropubs here: http://www.micropublicationbiology.org/phenotype-data--tim.html
- if approved by Tim et al we could send out for review
- Tim will send a couple of corrections for the micropub text
- Tim will send a reviewer suggestion
- We will not request images mandatory for each micropub
GAL4 driver lines
- ready to submit?
- will give Paul a deadline for submission
Data not shown
- ok to start contacting publishers to ask their policies?
- Yes, we should start asking Elsevier and ping again GSA