September 27 2016
1) Type of submissions
- For gene expression micropublications, the submission includes:
- reagents used to perform the experiment (transgene, construct, antibody, etc..)
- the read out of the experiment, i.e. image with pattern description and curated metadata
- for phenotype micropublications, Nemametrix has 2 kind of tech notes:
the first one falls into the micropublication scope, the second is more like a Worm Breeder's Gazette article. Discuss.
- from Submission through the form till acceptance by a reviewer we need to track the submission and store metadata in a proper way. Are we going to:
- outsource to e-journal press or similar?
- develop in house? Need developer time, Who is going to do it
3) Editorial Board
- if we start a journal we need an EIC (Paul?) and an editorial board.Who will select and contact the potential editorial board, when.
4) Need alternative title than 'Micropublication: biology' as colons can give problems for downstream XREF (from G3 experience)