Caenorhabditis n. sp. 3 (PS1010, RGD1, RGD2) is associated with palm and sugarcane weevils, Rhynchophorus palmarum and Metamasius hemipterus (Curculionidae) in Trinidad and Florida. The nematodes propagate on decomposing tissue of coconut palms and sugar cane in the galleries of the weevils (R. Giblin-Davis, pers. comm.). Dauer larvae wave and are transported by adult weevils. The association is probably phoretic, although C. n. sp. 3 can develop on dead weevils.
6 Oct 2010: The latest changes to the assembly are due to be added to WormBase in release WS221.
6 Oct 2010: Erich is finalizing the GenBank submission for sp. 3, but once this is done, we are happy to turn the ownership of the genome sequence to WormBase. - Paul Sternberg.
- [Oct 2010] The genomic sequencing and analysis of C. sp. 3 PS1010 is now
available as an advance online article from Genome Research:
http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2010/10/27/gr.111021.110.abstract http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2010/10/27/gr.111021.110.full.pdf http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2010/10/27/gr.111021.110/suppl/DC1
- [July 2010] WBPaper00034602
Mortazavi, Ali, Schwarz, Erich M., Williams, Brian, Schaeffer, Lorian, Wold, Barbara, Sternberg, Paul. 2009. Ultra-high throughput sequencing of the genome and transcriptome of Caenorhabditis sp. 3 PS1010. International Worm Meeting .
- Genome Sequence (masked | unmasked | softmasked)
- Gene Models and Annotation
- PS1010 WormBase pages (including Orthologs / WGN/CGC-names)
- gene model corrections can be submitted to email@example.com or through the feedback links
- whole genome alignments
- [WormBook] The phylogenetic relationships of Caenorhabditis and other rhabditids